The Confession (Jack x Epel)

Jack was in the middle of his morning run when he hears a yelp as he passes by some of the bushes in the botanical garden. He stops and decides to investigate the noise.

As Jack pops his head out at the other end of the bushes he sees Epel tending to some rose bushes and grumbling about how pokey they are. As Jack looks at Epel he notices his finger is bleeding.

He comes out of the bushes and goes over to the smaller boy, towering over him, "You should clean that before it gets infected." Jack says and Epel yells, quickly turning around and pointing his magic pen at Jack before realizing who he is.

Epel takes a deep breath then stands up and punches Jack in the arm, "don't scare me like that!"

Jack grabs Epel's hand and examines the small wound, licking it so blood doesn't leak everywhere. "Why aren't you wearing gloves?"

"Forgot them, I didn't want to go back to the dorm." Epel huffs, his cheeks tinted pink, and takes his hand away, turning back to the roses. "It's fine, it's just a little poke. I'll go away soon enough. No need to be so worried."

Jack huffs and picks the smaller boy up with ease, who squeaks and blushes, wrapping his arms around Jack's neck so he doesn't fall. "Jack! Put me down!" Epel yelps as Jack carries him out of the garden and to the bathrooms nearby.

Once in the bathroom Jack sets Epel down and washes out the wound. He kneels down and wraps his finger in his handkerchief. "You need to take care of yourself, even if it's a small cut it could get infected." Jack kisses his finger gently and stands up, smiling at Epel.

Epel's face is very hot but he nods, "right..Uhm, thank you.."

"Of course. Anytime." Jack pats Epel's head. "You should go get ready for class, I'll see you later in flying."

And with that Jack leaves, finishing up his morning run.

Epel slowly goes back to his own dorm, Vil raising an eyebrow as he enters. "Didn't you say you went to get roses? Where are they?"

"Oh Uhm, they weren't ready. I'll make the gift another time." Epel says as he quickly hides his hand, and Jack's handkerchief behind his back.

"Well holiday break is coming up and if you want to ask him out before then you need to hurry." Vil states and walks away, Epel nods and goes to his room.

He picks up a letter and reads over it before putting it in an envelope, writing Jack's name on the front. Epel takes a deep breath and gets ready for classes, "I can do this. Today will be the day."

And with that Epel walks out of the Pomefiore dorms.

————

Mm first chapter and it's short as hell, but I think it's best if this story is split into two.
Hopefully it's making sense and it's not to trash lol, it's been a minute since I've written anything.

Anyway, hope you're enjoying the story :) part two will be out shortly.

Comment anything you liked/hated, have a nice day/night