Culture festival (Trey x Riddle)

Trey checks the time as Riddle makes his last around for day two of the culture festival. It was almost time for opening and Riddle is still stressing over every little detail. Today the festival stays opened later than normal because it's going to end with fireworks. 

Trey's phone goes off as Riddle talks to Jade about how his booth is going, Trey looks at his phone and notices it's a message from Cater.

"Oh Trey Trey~ your outfits are finished, stop by the Fab Fits booth during the festival and I'll get you two hooked up ;)"

Trey smiles a little, his and Riddle's outfits are ready. Now he just has to convince Riddle to go to the booth without seeming too suspicious which will be a bit harder since they already checked on that booth.

Riddle grabs Trey's wrist and quickly walks out of Jade's booth when Floyd pops up out of nowhere.

Trey follows Riddle and they finish up their rounds. Riddle checks his clipboard to make sure they've done everything when Trey grabs it from him. Riddle glares at Trey, "give it back, Trey. I need to make sure everything is in order."

"Everything is in order Riddle, this is the third time you checked the darn thing. It's the last day of the festival so why not enjoy it a little bit." Trey tries to reason with him.

"We've seen everything here already though, there's no point in 'enjoying the festival' let me get back to work." Riddle huffs as he crosses his arms.

"You've been looking at the festival from a manager's view, you should also look at it from a guest's view, shouldn't you? Come on, just a little bit?"

"...fine. But I will only look at it from a guest's point of the view so I know what to work on for next year." Trey sighs and gives him back his clipboard, that's the best he's going to get without dragging Riddle away so it'll have to do.

—Time skip brought to you by Cater making Yakuta's—

There was an hour before the fireworks and Trey finally coaxed Riddle into going to Cater's booth. Trey quickly brought Riddle to the Fab Fits booth and waved to Cater who winked and went to the back.

"Trey why did we come here? Neither of us need new clothes." Riddle huffs as he looks at the different clothing students have made.

"Well I heard Cater made some outfits and I wanted to see them." Right after Trey says that Cater comes out with two outfits.

"Trey! Riddle! Oh it's so good to see you, I was just about to put these two outfits out but I think they'd look great on you two! Try them on!" Cater says and shoves the two into some dressing rooms. Trey complies and takes his outfit, giving a grateful smile to Cater while Riddle tries to fight back but eventual gives in for Cater.

The two change into their Yakutas and come out, Trey blushes softly when he sees Riddle in his as he looks very adorable in his outfit. Cater squeals and quickly starts taking pictures of the two for the gram.

"You two look great! Trey yours really shows off how tall and handsome you are and Riddle's makes him look absolutely adorable! You two should totally wear them for the rest of the night, they look great on you!" Cater says as he posts the photos of the two.

"I don't know Cater, this isn't really my style.." Riddle mumbles as he looks down at himself, Trey puts a hand on his shoulder and smiles at him.

"I think you look great, and it would be just for tonight." Trey says, making Riddle's face flushe lightly.

"Okay, but just for tonight."

He crosses his arms and Cater shoves them out of the booth. "Go have fun you two! There isn't much time left!"

Riddle sighs and looks around then looks at Trey, "where should we go first?"

"How about we get some food? We haven't eaten much yet." Trey suggests which Riddle agrees too, the two heading off to the food booths.

After a few moments though Riddle grabs Trey's hand which makes both of them blush, Trey quickly looks at Riddle for an explanation, they normally don't hold hands, especially not in public.

"I Uhm..it's busy and I don't want to get separated from you.." Riddle mumbles and Trey nods, I mean it is logical that Riddle wouldn't want to get separated from him.

The two continue walking to the food stalls, hand in hand.

They first get the grilled tentacles on a stick, it was odd that Floyd was serving them but they shrugged it off. They then got caramel apples and some Cherry tarts for desserts. And finally they got some green tea ice cream, the two had a very good time, making lots of jokes, laughing, and just having a good time hanging out with each other. They haven't been able to hang out and just have fun in a while so it was a nice break.

As they were walking around, looking at all the booths a loud boom went off and Riddle looks up, he gasps and grabs Trey's hand as he sees the fireworks start to go off, he quickly drags him to the nearby field so they could see them better.

It wasn't too crowded on this field and it was mostly students here, Riddle watches the beautiful array of fireworks in the sky, Trey watches them with him.

Trey then turns to Riddle and smiles softly at how cute he looks, he's so excited, so happy.

Riddle looks at Trey as he feels him staring at him and tilts his head, "everything okay?"

"Yeah, everything's perfect." Trey says as he holds Riddle's face gently.

Riddle's face flushes and he stares up at Trey, nodding slightly as he knows what Trey is asking to do.

Trey leans down and gives Riddle a soft kiss as another firework explodes in the air behind them.

This was a perfect night.

———
Found this photo and knew I had to do an Oneshot based around it, so here this. I thought this was pretty cute and fun to write.

Comment anything you liked/hated, have a nice day/night