Love donation

AN: Hey guys! It's my first time writing in english, so a few mistakes probably gonna happen. Likes, comments and suggestions are welcome. I hope you liked!
The chapters will be updated once a week.
Have Fun!

Chapter 1– Love donation

May 2017

Andrea woke up at seven in the morning, as usual every day.  She was a really light sleeper, so whenever the sun penetrated the curtains, her eyes naturally opened. Not that she minded, as she's a morning person. 

Rubbing her eyes briefly, she climbed out of bed as her mind began to work.

 Alone in the mansion, with only Kitty for company, Andrea couldn't deny that she felt trapped.  After beating breast cancer the year before, the matriarch wanted more than ever to get out of the house, meet new people and take care of herself and make silly things that give her pleasure, since her children were all grown up, living abroad, taking care of their own lives.

Evidently she worried about them, particularly Taylor after the rough year she'd had, but Andrea knew she couldn't let her life revolve around her kids anymore.

So that morning, before even texting them good morning, she decided to do what she'd wanted to do for a long time but for some reason couldn't find the way to do it: she would visit the town's orphanage to make a donation.  She had already donated a few times but hadn't yet found the opportunity to do so in person.

Picking up the phone from the bedside table, Andrea went downstairs to prepare breakfast for herself and the estate's security, who by now were almost part of the family.

 –What are we going to cook for them today, Kitty? – She looked smiling at the giant dog, who was watching her wagging her tail and barking loudly.

 “Muffins sound like a good idea to me, how about that?” She continued to chat with Kitty as she grabbed ingredients and containers from the cupboard.

 She had barely put the muffins on the oven to bake when her phone rang.

 A smile broke out on her face as she saw who she was.

– Taylor, honey, good morning!

–Good morning mom. Am I bothering you?

 Andrea put it on speakerphone and left the phone over the counter while she passed the coffee.

 – Of course not, honey, I'm always available to talk to my blue-eyed doll. I'm making coffee while we talk.

 Taylor giggled, and Andrea knew she was nervous about telling her something.

 – It seems you have something to tell me and you're nervous. Whatever it is, you can tell me, Taylor. I'm your mom. 

 Taylor sighed.

 –OK.  I've finished songwriting for Reputation and I'm going back to the US to record the album.  Jack and I are going to finish some writing together and produce the album, but i believe i have most of the things and ideas done.

– Oh my God! This is wonderful, baby, I miss you so much!

– Me too, mom.  There's just only one detail…

 Andrea bit her lip, thinking that maybe she knew what her daughter would say next.

 – Joe is coming with me.

 She was right.

 – Ah, are you finally going to introduce the boy to us?

 – Yeah, I'm a bit nervous about daddy's reaction, but how about dinner at your house? And can you guarantee Austin and Dad would be there on June 2nd?