Celebrating

The Lucky one – chapter 13– Celebrating

August 13

– Mom, when will I be able to see my sister again? I miss her. – Claire went to her mommy, with a asleep Olívia in her arms.

– She'll be here at noon, sweet.– she said, sighing. – I miss her too, everyday. Do you want to come to pick her up with me or should I call nanny Silvia to watch you while you play with Mer and Dibbles?

– I'm going with you! – she grinned excitedly.

Andrea smiled at her, kissing her forehead and thinking how much better Claire was in the past month. Her wet bed episodes had almost disappeared and the panic attacks were rare. Now the psychologist was working on her perfectionism and in the guilt she usually feels when she remembers her first mom probably died to save her.
But other than that, Claire was a normal kid, throwing tantrums here and there, doing good in school and in piano and playing with other kids, especially Victor.

– Well, then, miss. Go bath in 30 minutes and come downstairs so I can help you with your hair.

She played with Kitty for those 30 minutes and went to take a bath. After dressing herself in a cute rainbow T-shirt and jeans and pink sneakers Andrea had left on her bed she found her mom already changed downstairs.

– You are so beautiful, little lady!– Andrea gushed, hugging her daughter from behind and sitting her on the couch so she could braid her hair.

– Do you want one or two braids?

– Just one today, please.

– Alright, miss.

Seconds later she had finished.

– Mom, how can you do this so fast?

Andrea laughed.

– Well, I'm a little out of practice, but I'm slowly getting back to my ability. I used to braid Taylor's hair for years and years.

– Can you teach me when I get bigger?

– Of course, honey. It would be a pleasure. But for now let me take care of you while you're still little.

Claire smiled briefly and seemed lost on her head.

– What are you thinking, sweet?

– Nothing, mom.– She lied, looking at her lap.
Andrea didn't believe and lifted her head, kissing her chicks.

– You know you can tell me everything, right?

– I know, I'm sorry, mom, I'm just scared they won't let us be daughter and mother anymore.

The woman let out a sigh.

– Well, I can't promise you anything, but I'll tell you that you are always going to be my daughter, even if they don't give me your permanent custody. I'm always going to be your mother and I'll be here for you whenever you need me.

The girl had wet eyes when Andrea finish talking.

– I love you, mommy. You'll always be my mom too.
Andrea put Claire in her lap, hugging her tied and shivering kisses all over her face, wishing desperately that the permanent custody could be given to her soon, so they all could breathe properly.

About an hour and half later they were getting out of the huge black SUV, just in time to see Taylor's jet landing.

The blonde woman ran to her mom's arms.

– Mom, it's all done. Now it's just a waiting game.

– Omg, that's so exciting. Congrats, sweetie.