Chocolate and love

The lucky one chapter 17– Chocolate and love 

After 3 days having all the Disney parks closed for themselves,Joe,Taylor, Andrea and Austin were relieved to finally be at home, exhausted. The only one who seemed never to get tired was Claire, who was singing out loud on the plane and the whole drive home. 

– Oh god, finally home! – Andrea opened the door and threw herself on the couch while Claire ran around the living room singing ‘Let it go’, scaring the cats and Kitty. 

Taylor sat beside her mom and groaned and Austin ran upstairs saying good night despite being 5 am in Nashville. 

– Mom, turn off this firecracker robot… I’m exhausted and sick of these Disney songs.

– If you ever discover how to do it, make yourself comfortable. 

Joe chuckled. 

– Go to bed you two, I will keep her entertained. 

– How aren’t you tired? – Taylor gave him an annoyed look.

Joe just shrugged.

– I slept on the plane. I’m used to jet lag these days. 

– You are an angel, honey, thanks– Andrea said, hugging him and heading upstairs, Taylor right behind her. 

– Hey, Claire, come here. Do you wanna help me unpack your bags? There are loads of toys that need to be put in the right place. 

The girl stops singing and jumps to where Joe is waiting for her, with 2 big suitcases. 

– Can we play in the garden when we finish? 

– Yes, we can, miss. 

Joe’s plan went right as he planned: after jumping in the bed and running around helping Joe with presents Claire fell asleep before they could play outside. 

Carefully, the blonde tucked the girl in the bed, kissing her forehead. 

– Now we all can sleep a little bit…– he talk to himself, sleeping next to Tay for the next four hours. 

By the time Claire woke up was already afternoon and the sky was exhibiting an orange tone. It was really cold outside, so the lighter was on. 

She went downstairs rubbing her eyes and found everyone around the lighter drinking wine and laughing. 

– Hi.– She mumbled, still half asleep. 

– Hello Miss Finlay. Did you sleep well? 

She nodded and sat between Taylor and Joe, crossing her arms. 

When she snuggled to Taylor's side, the blonde felt her arms cold, despite the heavy clothes. 

– She's freezing mom.–  Taylor said to Andrea, concerned. 

– Let’s make some hot chocolate for everyone then. Come on baby girl…

Andrea held her hand and they walked into the kitchen, while Austin excused himself to pick a call, leaving Taylor and Joe alone. 

She then lay her head in his lap and closed her eyes, sighing relaxed. 

– What is surrounding your pretty head, love?– Joe asked, pecking her lips. 

Taylor opened her eyes, uncertain If she should put out your thoughts for him. 

– Whatever It is, love, just talk to me, I know that IS something up to you since New Years Day.