Let the games begin

The lucky one chapter 31- Let the games begin

October

– Claire, honey, did you have everything ready for Australia?

– Yes, mom! – she smiled at Andrea.

– Okay, thanks.– she smiled back and kissed her daughter's forehead.– I'm going out with Taylor for a meeting in 2 hours, I'll just get some rest first, so please if you want to watch something on TV or play, do it downstairs.

The little girl nodded.

– Are you ok, mom? You seem sad.

Andrea gave her a small smile.

– Yes, Sweet, it's just a headache because of insomnia, I really need to take a nap. Austin will be home to watch you soon. Until then just tell the security if you need something, did you understand?

– Yes mom, don't worry, I'm big enough to be home alone.

Andrea threw her head back laughing.

– Of course you are.– She hugged her daughter and planted a kiss on her cheeks.– See you later, babe.

A pair of hours later, Andrea came downstairs already dressed in an elegant suit with Taylor, also wearing a formal outfit.

– Wow, you two are so fancy!– Claire said looking at Taylor, who was side-hugging her mom.

They chuckled.

– Did you liked?– Taylor asked her sister, kissing her cheeks, leaving a lipstick mark on her.

– Yeah. What are you going to do that is soooooooo important?

– I’m going to sign a contract with a record label, that’s the place that takes my music and promotes it.  And they were super nice to me and agreed with my requests. And after I sign I can start to work on my next album.

– Another album? – She looked at her wide-eyed and everyone laughed.

– She’s crazy, isn’t it, Claire? – Austin asked Claire and received a rolled eye from Taylor.

– Okay, we need to leave, when we get back Taylor can tell us what she’s thinking. And Austin, stop call her crazy…– Andrea said, laughing slightly.

They exchanged goodbyes and Claire went on a rant with Austin about all the funny things she wanted to do in Australia, while Taylor got in the car and headed to Universal Music place.

In the backseat, Andrea saw Taylor biting her nails and grabbed her hand.

– It's okay, honey. Everything is going to be fine. They are in agreement about your requests and you will own your art this time.

She whispered a thanks to her mom and soon enough they were passing through Universal Music doors.

– There you are. Miss Swift, it's an honor for Universal Music Group and Republic Records to have you in our company!– the CEO of UMG said excitedly as they exchanged compliments.

– Miss Swift, I'd like to thank you for trusting us to work with you and letting us take care of your art. And I'd also like to make it clear that you don't work for us, we work for you. – The CEO of Republic Records said with a smile, and Taylor gave a smile back, while Andrea couldn't hold back her pride looking at Taylor all grown up and successful – This is a deal written for you and for you only. There's not any other artist in this label with this kind of 'benefits', but we understand this as a chance to learn how to deal with new artists for now on, letting them own their masters.