The world knows

The lucky one cap 21– The world knows

– Nurse Silva, when will they be here? And when I can move? I can’t spend this much time in bed…

– Your family will be here soon, in less than 20 minutes, young lady.

– Did you know my sister is coming today?

– Yes, I heard. And do you know what more I heard?

Claire denied and the nurse smiled hard.

– Today you can have hugs already. Look, I’m not dressed like an astronaut anymore!

That’s when Claire rubbed her eyes and felt her mouth drop. She woke up so anxious to see her family that she didn’t notice the nurses were using just a mask and gloves with their scrubs, without the astronaut helmet.

She let out a happy scream and then the nurse burst out laughing.

– You are adorable, you know?

She nodded.

– I know, mom and Tay say this a thousand times…– she sighed dramatically.

The woman turned around to leave her alone when Claire called.

– Nurse Silva…

– Yes, baby.

– Can I have a hug from you? – she asked with her little arms open.

– Yes you can, sweet. – The woman engulfed her little patient in a warm hug, fighting back tears. – Now I need to see other patients, but I’ll come back later ok? Oh, your visitors will be here in a few minutes. Why don’t you finish this beautiful image?

She nodded and distracted herself until hear a false cough she could recognize anywhere.

– Taylor!

– Yes, babe! I’m here!

– I missed you.

– Oh baby I missed you too. You scared the shit out of me with this story uh?

– Sorry, I Just didn't want to be a burden. Mommy is so tired sometimes, and I think it's my fault. So I'm trying to do things without her help.– her smile faded and she looked at her lap, but Taylor made her get up her chin.

– Baby, mom get tired not because of you, but because she had a really bad time a few years ago, fighting for her life and since then she sleeps earlier, she get tired easier… but it's been years like this, don't worry, it's nothing about you buddy.

Claire smiled, relieved, and Taylor faked a smile while her heart was broken from remembering the bad times with Andrea and from hearing Claire thought it could be her fault.

– But what are you doing during this whole time here, baby?– She asked her sister to distract herself from dark thoughts.

– I drew and coloured some things,and chatted with the nurses… all boring stuff!– she rolled her eyes in annoyance, making Taylor giggle.

– What do you think about having a trip to LA with me when you are discharged?

– Yay! Will you film a clip?

– Yes I will.

– But you and mommy said no one knows about me yet…

– Yes, but I trust my team, they won't say anything. Actually they can't say a word about anything about my life or career, but you are way too young to understand. Like last year when you and mommy went to LA to the set of  "Look What You Made Me Do"? They saw you there but no one asked questions about it, so I think you should come again.