Statements

The Lucky one chapter 22– Statements

Taylor was ‘taylurking’ the fans on the internet when her phone went off. Tree’s name popped on the screen. 

She raised her eyebrows at Joe before answering, not being able to remember why Tree could be calling her when she cleared her schedule since Claire got hurt. 

– Hey Tree, what’s up?– she said in a low voice. – Sorry for my tone of voice, I’m at the hospital with Claire. 

– Yeah, I know you are, I’m sorry. That’s why I’m calling Taylor, the world knows where you are. They know about her. 

Taylor went blank, barely listening while Tree explained about how someone saw her and Joe walking holding hands with Claire and sent the picture to her. 

Why the fuck couldn’t they leave her alone? Why couldn't they understand that her career is public, not her personal life? Fuming with anger she whispered with Joe what was going on, and they both directed disgusted looks at the picture. Thankfully they had taken it from behind, so Claire’s face didn’t show. But still she was drowning in guilt. 

Joe rubbed her back, knowing she was blaming herself for the choices she made as a teenager but he knew that she wouldn’t listen to anyone now, and if he insisted they could end up fighting like many times before. 

– What the hell did I do? – she put on speaker and asked Tree in an angry tone after a couple minutes. 

– You should talk to Andrea first, but I seriously recommend make a statement asking for privacy but telling people she’s a new addition to the family, making crystal clear that she’s not Joe’s or yours daughter. 

– What? – They both said at the same time. 

– Yeah, there have been some ridiculous rumors since they posted the picture. Some teenagers from other fandoms are trying to distorce pictures of you to convince people you had a secret pregnancy and some are speculating that Joe has a daughter and you are her step mother. And of course some stupid tabloids suggested that you are adopting a child to gain attention from media. 

Joe let out a nervous laugh and Taylor covered her face with shaking hands. 

– I can’t understand how someone who’s here to visit sick children, sees another sick child and can’t respect her privacy! I’m just furious they don’t have a sense that she have nothing to do with my choices when I was a teenager, fuck! And all these mean teenagers can go fuck themselfs. How do my fans react? Please tell me that at least they are trying to help me. 

–  They are trending #respectcelebritiesprivacy on twitter and blocking the pages who are spreading the picture and false rumors in both twitter and instagram, reporting the accounts. 

Taylor let out a sigh and a tear ran down her cheek. 

– Okay, Tree, my mom will be here any minute. I’ll tell her what happened and let you know our decision. 

– All right, talk to you soon then, honey, and please try to understand that you don’t have fault that people are stupid and disrespectful. 

They ended the call and Taylor buried herself in Joe’s chest, and he wrapped his arms around her. This was enough for her to break down crying. 

– Taylor, Joe, what happened?– Andrea asked, concerned after entering the room and found a sobbing Taylor in Joe's arms. 

Taylor looked at her mom but couldn’t say anything without crying more, so Joe explained in a few words what happened, showing the picture.