Working on her potential

Tuesday

Claire woke up and felt a smile cover her face when she saw she had passed the night without wet the bed. So, after pee and washing her tiny hands, she grabs Anne and runs to Andrea's bedroom. 

The blonde woman was still asleep, and her soft snores were filling the room, which made Claire laugh out loud. 

Her laugh was enough to wake Andrea, who rubbed her eyes before hugging Claire and wishing her good morning. 

– You are really happy today, uh? 

– Yes! I have piano classes today, remember mom? 

Andrea gave her child a warm smile. 

– As If you let me forget, miss Claire.

– I'm soooooo excited to learn piano! And then I can learn guitar too when I grow up a little. 

– You can learn everything you want, sweet, and I'll be always here offering my support for you in every step of the way. 

The little girl just smiled and snuggled to her chest. 

– Thanks for give me a new chance, mommy. – Claire said and her voice cracked. 

– How could I not give you my love and all the chances you need? You're so special, Claire. You just arrived and already changed our lives for better. We are the ones who owe you a thank you.

Mother and daughter stayed in bed for a few more minutes, before heading downstairs for breakfast. 

Already in the car, Andrea saw Claire was a bit worried, but chose to let her get lost in her thoughts. 

– Mom – Claire started in a tense tone, immediately receiving from Andrea total attention– This place where we are going I'll be the only student just like the homeschooling? 

– No, Sweet, you are going to have classes with other kids of your age. It's a small class and they are all sweethearts. You don't need to worry, baby. But If one of them treats you badly, please talk to your teacher. 

Andrea decided that since Claire couldn't attend regular school this next year because of Taylor's tour, she should at least have regular piano classes with other children so she could keep developing her social abilities. 

– I hope you're right mom. The orphanage was a nightmare to make friends with other kids. 

– Everything is going to be fine, honey. Just please don't forget our request. 

– I won't mom. I know I can't talk about being Taylor Swift's little sister because of the risk of kidnapping. 

Andrea sighed. 

– Yes sweet. Unfortunately, this is a sad side of Taylor's life. We are always under the microscope lens and the press is always willing to reveal every detail of our lives, which attracts crazy dudes and bandits.

– That's why she almost never goes out? That's why she couldn't go to the mall with us? 

– Yes. If she has to go to a party, for example, the security have to follow her and wait for her outside of the building. 

– This sucks. 

Dom held back a laugh and Andrea wide her eyes. 

– Little Claire, where did you learn this word?

She shrugged. 

Few minutes later they arrived at the Taylor Swift Educational Center. 

– Wow! This is soooo cool!