The best day

The Lucky one chapter 26- The best day

March 15

The day rose, and Claire woke up feeling 3 kisses in her face. She knew who It was before opening her eyes. Of course Andrea, Taylor and Austin were there.

– Good morning!– she said, rubbing her eyes, still sleepy.

– Good morning, honey, happy birthday!– Andrea greeted her with a big hug, and she blushed.

– Thank you mommy, love You!

– You are very welcome honey, and I love you more than words could say.

Austin and Taylor hugged her too.

– I'm seven today!

– Yes, you are, baby, and we have a big breakfast waiting for you downstairs.

The four of them head to the kitchen where Claire founds sdds Andrea’s famous chocolate pancakes and tons of fruits.

Everything was ready for the b-day party that afternoon in a party house in the center of Nashville. Taylor’s band members were bringing the kids, as well as Blake and Ryan, Tree and other family's friends. Of course Victor was coming too and Claire was ready to have a princess night. Recently she had become obsessed with Disney princesses so this would be the party theme.

–  I wish uncle Joey was here…–  she commented after breakfast, when they were getting ready to go to the tour rehearsals with Taylor and Andrea.

– I wish too… I miss him a lot, baby. Thankfully he will be here before the tour starts. But he will call you later to wish you a happy b-day. And his present is with me already. 

– I really don't need presents, sis!

Before Taylor could answer, the little girl climbed Taylor's bed and started to jump, making Taylor chuckle.

– Do you want the green or the black hoodie today, Ms. Finlay? –  Andrea entered the room, showing her youngest the tiny reputation hoodies they asked for, especially for Claire.

The little girl screamed with excitement. 

– Oh they are so pretty! 

– Yes, they are! My team did an amazing job with the merch this time.

– I want the green one today!– she said, still jumping on her sister's bed.

– Ok, little monkey, stop jumping and come here. We need to go.

Laughing, she stopped jumping and hugged Andrea's knees before putting on the hoodie.

– Okay, we are ready to go. It's been a few weeks since you last came to rehearsals, Claire. I think You are going to be surprised with the "Look what you made me do" choreo.– she exchanged a huge smile with Andrea. It was time for Claire to meet Karyn.

Claire was a step beyond surprised when the giant snake rose up behind Taylor. She barely could contain her smile seeing Claire's face a few meters away, on the floor.

Everytime Andrea was there they tested a different place of the stadium, to make sure every view was good.

Claire was singing along with the band and backup singers, which made Taylor emotional just by imagining what would be in a few weeks when they quick off the tour.

After "look what you made me do", Taylor had prepared a surprise for Claire.

– Guys, that's amazing. Now while you rest a little I'm going to make my way through stage B where I'm gonna play shake it off and the acoustic songs. Since Camilla and Charlie aren't here, I'm going to do "Dancing with our hands tied" and that surprise song I talked to you about.– she winked at the band and everyone nodded.