Growing up

The lucky one chapter 33- Growing up.

The softest lips touched Taylor's face and she suddenly opened her eyes.

Seeing Joe's blue orbs and his seequin smile, she buried her face on the pillow and murmured something he didn't understand.

– Good morning to you too,love. – Joe chuckled.– And Happy B-Day.

Finally she remembered what day was and sit up in bed, smiling.

– Thanks, babe. Oh my God, Joe!– she pointed to the trail her boy was holding, with lots of options for her breakfast.

– I figured out that you would like to have breakfast in bed since you have shootings in 2 hours.

She looked at him, in awe, her eyes full of emotion.

– You are so perfect… Thank you so much for doing this.

– You are welcome, love. Now, let's eat together, uh?

She nodded and pulled him for a kiss first.

– I wish I could stay all day here. But I have to Record beautiful ghosts today and do my first rehearsal with Idris.

– Yeah, but by lunch time you'll be here and your family will be here too.

– I know. I'm just lazy.

– You worked really hard this year, uh?

– Both of us, babe. Thank God at least you have some free time to go with me to NY after Christmas.

They heard Taylor's phone blowing up with texts and notifications and she couldn’t help but smile seeing all those friendly texts from her family members, closest friends, and of course fans.

The last text was from Austin, telling her they were on the way already and a cute picture of Claire sleeping at the plane with Olivia in her arms.

– Oh God I miss her so much already. I used to see her everyday because of the tour and now it seems like there's something missing in my day.

– Don't even tell me, I even dream with her sometimes, even though I spent most of my year apart from you. Even Patrick keeps asking me when he can play video games with her again.

They both chuckled and kept silent for a while until they finished eating.

– Thanks for the breakfast, honey. Now I have to put on a nice warm sweater and pants. I have a feeling that might start to snow this week.

– I hope so. It's been a time since our last snowball war.

She rolled her eyes and pecked his lips before running to shower.

Joe took the trail and went back to the kitchen, texting her mom to make sure that everything was fine with the lunch and with the other little surprises.

Since they were in London, only the family was invited for lunch, and later Joe and Taylor would have dinner in a pub with Haim sisters, Ed and Cherry.

Before he knew Austin was texting him letting him know they landed. Her mom and Patrick arrived seconds before her family. Richard and Tom were coming later, right after their work.

Everyone greeted each other and Claire ran to play with Patrick while Joe took Andrea upstairs to have a private conversation with her without anyone noticing.

At 1pm everything was ready, the food was over the big table, Claire was playing with the cats with Patrick, Tom and Austin were discussing football with their fathers in the living room and the women were in the kitchen having a glass of wine.
They heard the car parking outside and when Taylor opened the door everyone screamed together: