003

Close to midnight, they arrived at Steve's house.

As she got out, she realized that the neighborhood looked familiar. Kimberly's house was a few blocks away.

All these years, and she never knew that Steve lived that close to her best friend.

Julia followed Steve up the stairs to his bedroom. He looked in his closet for clean clothes to give to Julia.

"The restroom is that way" he pointed to the left while he got a t-shirt from his closet.

Julia opened the door and went into the restroom. She got the water ready as she took off her heels, the water still running.

Her hands moved behind her back, trying to pull the zipper down, when Steve knocked on the door. "I'll leave the clothes right here," he said, placing them in the sink, not fully going into the restroom.

"Wait, could you help me with the zipper," she said before he closed the door. The door opened, and Steve walked in she moved her hair to the side.

She could feel his hot breath on her neck as his hands moved down her back. She closed her eyes; her hands pressed on her chest so the dress wouldn't fall down.

"Thank you," she whispered. He hummed in response and quickly got out, closing the door behind him.

She dropped her dress and got in the shower. Julia moved her head back as the water touched her hair and fell down her back. The rest of the alcohol went down the drain.

She looked at the different bottles of shampoos that were in the restroom. She didn't know which one to use. Julia picked one that was for the hair and hoped it was the right one.

Once she felt clean; and the smell of alcohol was gone, she got out of the shower.

She put on Steve's clothes that were just one size too big for her. Picking up the dress from the floor, she opened the door and got out of the restroom.

"Where is your laundry," she asked. Steve had changed clothes, and he was sitting down on his bed.

"I'll take that," he said, getting up and walking toward her. He got the dress from her hand and walked out of the room.

Julia was tired and took a seat on the bed as she looked around Steve's room. It was the first time she was in his house and obviously the first time that she was in his room as well.

Not too long after Steve walked in, "it should be ready in thirty minutes," he said, sounding unsure. Steve didn't do the laundry around the house.

"Thank you for the clothes and for giving me a ride."

He walked up to the bed and sat on the corner, leaving space between them.

"Hopefully, I didn't ruin the party for you," she added.

"Oh no, don't worry, I was already leaving when I bumped into you."

"Why" she couldn't help but to ask.

He ignored her gazed, "Nancy and I broke up a few days ago. I tried talking to her, but it didn't end up how I wanted," he said sadly.

He looked down at his hands, "I'm sorry, maybe this is a small bump in the road, and you two will get back together."

He looked at her with a small smile on his face "you think so," he asked, hopeful.

"I don't see why not."

He shook his head "she doesn't love me."

She placed her hand on top of his. "I don't think that's true."