065

Everyone was scattered around Eddie's house, looking for music that could help bring Nancy back.

The teen was unresponsive, her hands firmly to the side, her eyes opened but blankly. Steve tried talking to her, but it was no use.

They were having a hard time finding music that Nancy listened to. They thought it was over. There was the possibility that Nancy could have been another victim, but then she came back and was responsive again without the help of any kind of music, all on her own.

She wasn't harmed, but she looked scared out of breath. Weakly Nancy climbed up the rope and fell on the mattress.

Robin tilted closer to Nancy and stretched her hand. With a sad smile, Nancy took the girls hand. Robin walked beside Nancy to the couch.

Slowly Nancy sat down and looked down at her hands. Julia didn't move from her spot, waiting on Steve to fall down from the ceiling like the others.

Steve's body bounced on the mattress when he fell.

Julia let out a sigh of relief, finally seeing him again.

"Dada," Melody yelled. She was excited as she moved her legs, kicking them. She moved frantically, wanting to run toward her dad, but her mother was frozen in place.

Julia's smile fell when she took a better look at him and saw the condition that Steve was in.

He didn't have his shirt on, there was a long somewhat white fabric wrapped around his torso. On the lower side of his torso the fabric that was once fully white had a big red dot of blood. His feet were barefooted and dirty. There was a long red horizontal line on his neck.

She hated seeing him wounded. Every time they go their separate ways, he gets himself in danger. She wanted to be close to him to hug him but was scared to hurt him even more. "Steve," she breathed out, holding back tears.

Concern and sadness were written all over her face. He knew that. He knew she would react this way, but there was a small part of him that hoped she wouldn't notice. He didn't want to upset or worry her, but it was too late for that.

"Come here." He extended his arms, wanting to hug her. He was the one wounded and in a little bit of pain, but he still wanted her to feel better to not worry about him. He was the one comforting her.

She moved to his other side, that wasn't injured, and gently wrapped her arms around him. She side hugged him, not wanting to squish Melody in the middle since she was in the baby carrier.

He wrapped his arms around the two of them. The pain that he felt was fading as he held his two girls close to him. They gave him strength and tranquility. "You're never leaving my side again," she whispered. It was a promise she made to herself at that moment.

He gently caressed the back of her head. With his other hand, he had it placed on Melody's small back. The baby, having both of her parents together again, was able to sleep feeling safe near them. She was happy her father was back with her even though he looked a little bit strange.  

With his eyes closed, he leaned and pressed his lips on Julia's forehead. He stayed there for a few seconds. For just a few seconds, they both appreciated the peace they felt together.   

Once Nancy was a bit calmed down, they decided to go to Max's trailer.

Nancy sat on a rocking chair. Everyone waited for her to speak first. She knew something they didn't. Perhaps she saw something new. Nancy looked up from her hands. "He showed me things that haven't happened yet. The most awful things. I saw a dark cloud spreading over Hawkins," she explained slowly.