038

"Julia is in stable condition. You can go and see her. I'll bring your daughter to the room." Steve was able to breathe, and his heart began to beat normally. "Thank you."

She smiled and walked toward the door next to the glass.

He said goodbye to Danielle and quickly made his way back to Julia's room.

His hand were shaking as he wrapped it around the doorknob.

He didn't know why he was feeling this way. Steve was relieved she was alive and in stable condition, but he was hesitant of going into the room.

All the negative thoughts that were flooding in his brain. He wanted to get rid of them.

This is what he wanted: he wanted a family; he wanted to be a father, a good one, not like his own father. He was going to try to be the best father for his daughter and for Julia.

As he opened the door it squeaked. Julia was resting on the bed with her eyes closed. Her face wasn't as pale as it was two hours ago.

Julia felt someone by the door. She slowly opened her eyes and turned to face the door.

She smiled when she saw it was Steve. Julia was happy he was the first person she saw when she woke up.

"I thought I lost you," he whispered, walking into the quiet room. It was the first time Julia had seen Steve so broken and vulnerable.

He went to the side of her bed and held her hand in his. He always had a smile on his face. His energy always made her happy, but now he was holding her with so much fear that if he let go, she would disappear. There were not enough words to describe how much love he had for her.

He kissed Julia on her head. "I thought I lost you," he repeated, a tear falling down his face. "I'm here." She hugged his face. The two stayed like that for a few seconds enjoying each other's company, knowing that they were together and the other one was safe.

Three minutes later, Rose walked in with a baby girl in her arms.

Both Steve and Julia focused their sight on them. Julia couldn't contained her tears. It was the first time she was seeing her daughter properly. She was a mother to a girl.

"Someone wants to say hi," Rose said, smiling at the new parents. Rose gave Julia her daughter.

Julia took the baby, hesitant at first. No one prepares you for a moment like this, but it was like an instinct once her daughter touched her arms.

Steve smiled at the two girls. Julia was holding their daughter with so much love and care. His daughter was lucky to have someone like Julia as her mother. There was no one else perfect for the job.

"Thank you," he said to Julia and kissed her forehead.

He looked at Julia, who looked exhausted. Her hair was messy, she had bags under her eyes. In her arms was his sleeping daughter.

It was a view he never wanted to forget. "Thank you for giving me everything I ever dream of."

Within seconds of being in her mother's arms, the little girl began to cry, and her face was red as a tomato.

Julia panicked hearing her daughter crying, who was peacefully sleeping a second ago. "She's hungry," Rose told her nicely.

After Rose helped Julia feed her baby, the nurse left the pair alone in the room.

Julia was sitting up, with her back against the small bed frame she had burped her daughter. Carefully Julia cleaned the remaining milk from the baby's chin.

She gently placed her daughter on her lap, and with the back of her index finger, Julia gently caressed her daughter's cheek.

"Hello, sweetheart," Julia said softly as she watched her daughter close her eyes.

The little girl, feeling her mother close by, began to smile. One side of her lip moving upward.

Steve placed his big hand on his daughter's head, "We love you so much, our sweet little Melody."

Julia glanced at Steve, who was beaming with so much joy and love. "We do," she said after a second, looking back at her daughter Melody.

 "We do," she said after a second, looking back at her daughter Melody

"Do you want to hold her," Julia asked Steve.

He slowly moved back from the two girls. So many things could go wrong he didn't want to hurt Melody. "I don't know how," he responded nervously.

"Neither did I. Come and sit on the other side." She patted the bed with her left hand. There was more room on the other side of the bed where Steve could sit down if he didn't feel comfortable carrying Melody while standing up.

He made his way to the other side. He fought the mind flayer a few days back, but somehow, holding his daughter, who was just a few hours old, terrified him.

"What if I hurt her."

Julia got Melody from her lap "you won't hurt her."

Julia placed Melody in Steve's arms. She adjust his arms, moving his hand higher on Melody's head for better support. "You're a pro at this," she said with a grin.

Steve smiled hesitantly, glancing at Julia for a second, then Melody moved her tiny arm, and he looked back down to his arms where his daughter was peacefully sleeping.

Looking at his daughter in his arms, every ounce of fear melted away within an instant. He knew he would do anything to see his little girl happy. "I'll protect you from all the monsters," he promised to his sleeping daughter and kissed her tiny forehead.

Julia observed Steve and their daughter. It was an adorable view to have. Julia knew Steve would protect Melody from all evil. There was no doubt in her mind.

Melody hadn't been planned, but she was the best gift Julia could ever dream of. She was happy to have someone like Steve by her side, someone that listened and made her feel safe.

On July 7th in the year 1985, everything changed for Julia and Steve.

They welcomed their daughter into the world, Julia almost died, and they became one family.

Things could only get better from here.