090

Priscilla was the wild child from the Harrington siblings.

She wasn't very fond of following the rules or traditions.

She couldn't be controlled. She didn't want to settle down. She saw how her siblings were tied down by their significant other, and she didn't want that. Even though they seemed happy, it didn't interest her.

The young woman wanted to be free; she didn't want to spend the rest of her life with only one person.

It sounded boring; she didn't know how her parents have lasted this long. They had partners before they met. She knew that, but now they were stuck with each other until the end of time.

She had seen her parents in their lovey stage, and occasionally, she had heard them argue, but it never lasted too long. They always talked about it and ended up kissing and doing other things she regretted hearing. It seemed their relationship was working for them, but having that in her life made her sick.

She didn't need another person to make her complete. Don't get her wrong, she loved the sex part exclusively with other women, but to last longer than a few weeks was a big no.

Priscilla knew she liked girls when she was 9 years old.

Her older sisters would talk about boys and blushed when their crush would look their way. She didn't know what all the fuss was about. She didn't feel the same way, at least not toward boys.

During the summer, her family would go to the community pool in their neighborhood. She would play with her twin brother and annoy her older sisters whenever they tried to get the attention of the lifeguard.

In the mind of the two older Harrington girls Priscilla ruined their chances of having the lifeguard, who was much older then them, to fall in love with them.

Priscilla ran away with a mischievous smile on her face. As she ran around the pool, she bumped into another person.

Her breath was taken away as her eyes landed on the beautiful face of the blonde girl with the bright blue eyes. The girl's blonde hair was soaked, and she had a few unbrushed lumps of hair.

That's when she knew she liked girls just like her aunt Robin.

She thought the blonde was the most beautiful girl in the pool even though she had a wet booger running down her nose.

Priscilla pointed it out a little but louder than intended. Everyone around them laughed at the poor girl named Emma. Emma covered her nose with her hand and ran away.

That was the only time Priscilla saw Emma. She didn't see her after that, her sisters were keeping her busy having her as their maid for the rest of the time they were in the pool.

She ruined any chances she had of becoming friends with Emma.

Even when she left the pool, Priscilla thought of the mysterious girl. Emma was a cousin of the lifeguard; she lived with her father in another state.

She didn't see her away that summer or the following summer. The years went on, and eventually Priscilla forgot about Emma and developed other crushes, but she would get bored of their interactions quickly.

She continued her life like that. Hanging out with girls, having sex with them and went on to the next one.

In college she had more fun. She was able to express herself better and was less judged whenever she kissed girls out in the open.

During her college years she focused on her studies and went out with different women during the weekends.

Her mother wanted for her to find her other half; her soulmate Priscilla didn't believe in that.

She didn't need someone else to be happy; she could be happy on her own.

There was no rush in having kids or wanting to spend the rest of her life with someone in particular.

She wanted to be the cool aunt to all her nieces and nephews she knew her siblings would eventually have.

Priscilla was content staying single forever; obviously, she would not spend all the time alone, but she didn't need a girlfriend or a wife.

Her siblings had made a bet with each other. They knew one day, Priscilla would find the right woman for her.

Priscilla had made up her mind, and she was very stubborn just like her mother.

She reconnected with Emma after so long, but once they got to know each other better, she was nothing like how she had imagined. They both went their separate ways once again.

The years went on, and Priscilla never found the woman she wanted to spend her life with.  It never brought her down; she always had a smile on her face, and she traveled a lot on her own. She visited many countries and took pictures of her trip to show her family.

Her job and traveling occupied most of her time.

She loved her nieces and nephew more than anything in the world. She had a lot of kids around her. There was no need for her to have kids of her own.

As a mother, Julia was sad to see her little girl alone, but once she saw how truly happy Priscilla was on her own, she knew there was nothing to worry about.

Whenever Priscilla would be in town, Julia and her had a mother daughter day and spent some quality time together.

Their bond grew stronger; her father would occasionally invite himself. He was the third wheel most of the time, but either way Steve enjoyed the time he would spend with his wife and daughter.

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞

𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚔𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢. 𝙸 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚍𝚘 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚊 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚏𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎. 𝚂𝚑𝚎'𝚜 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚛𝚞𝚕𝚎𝚜.