024

It was the last week of June Steve had a day off from working at Scoops Ahoy.

Steve and Julia were going to buy things for the baby. Steve had saved all of his  money from Scoops Ahoy, and Julia had earned a few extra dollars from baking.

Julia didn't like that they waited this long to buy the necessary stuff for their child, but they didn't have money before.

They were lucky enough to receive a few things from Joyce, Mrs. Henderson, Kim's parents, and even Mr. Harrington bought a crib for his grandchild.

They were lucky to have supporting people around them.

They still needed to buy diapers, a lot of them, a few baby bottles, some onesies, a bassinet, and a stroller.

They went to the mall to the second floor where Sears was located.

At the back of the store it had a big baby section.

There were several racks of baby clothes of different colors and different sizes.

Julia got closer to the newborn section and picked up a onesie.

It was the tiniest piece of clothing she had ever seen. It was so small her hand was wider than the onesie.

She was getting emotional just thinking of her child wearing the clothes of finally being able to hold her baby.  She was terrified and ecstatic to finally know the little person who wakes her up at night to pee every twenty minutes and the one that won't stop moving inside of her at 4am every single day.

"Can't believe we are meeting our baby so soon," Julia said calmly, but inside she was freaking out. The room for the baby wasn't ready, they were barely buying clothes, and they still hadn't decided on a name.

"Me neither, and if I'm being honest, I didn't know that babies needed a car seat." He scratched the back of his head.

"I saw car seats in the other aisle." He pointed his thumb behind them. "And did you know that as they grow up, they get a different type of car seat," he said with his hands on his hips, astonished by all the new information.

Their child was in for a ride with the parents they were going to have.

"A car seat wasn't on the list. I guess we will have to add it," Julia said, trying to find a pencil in her purse. With her pregnancy brain, she had to write everything down, or she would forget.

"I'll bring a cart," Steve said as Julia was still moving her hand inside her purse, frantically looking for a pencil.

◦ ◦ ◦

The pair arrived back at the house. Julia got out of the car. "I'll stay here to put the car seat," Steve said, opening the trunk.

"Don't forget to read the instructions," Julia reminded him, knowing that he would try to put the car seat however he thought it went.

With bags full of clothes, Julia went up the stairs and into what would be the baby's room.

The room was next to theirs. It was time to put everything in the right place and build the crib. Steve had been occupied with work, he didn't have time to assemble it, but now it was his day off he had time to do it. They couldn't wait for another day off. The crib had to be done before the baby got here, which would be in just two weeks or so.

On the corner of the room there were a few boxes filled with clothes and a few stuffed animals that people had given them.

The crib was inside a large white box in another corner. The crib was too heavy for Julia to build on her own. She had to wait for Steve to be done with the car seat to start on that.