005

It was Saturday Julia was home cooking while her father was working.

She had finished her homework when she checked the time; realizing her father was going to be home in an hour, she decided to start making the food.

A knock on her door got her attention. It couldn't be her father because he had the keys to the trailer, and it couldn't be Kim because she saw her yesterday. They didn't talk about her stopping by her house.

Thinking that they might have the wrong house, she continued to cook, but the knock didn't stop.

"Jules, are you home?" she heard a familiar voice yelling from outside.

She turned off the stove and walked to the door. She unlocked it and opened it. In front of her was Dustin Henderson "we have a code red," he said in a serious tone.

As those words left Dustin's mouth, Julia went on full mom mode.

"What's wrong? Where are the others? Are you okay? Are you hu-"

"No time to answer your questions. Everyone is MIA right now. We have to go," he said, walking down the steps from the porch.

"R-right now? I'm cooking." 

He looked back at her "this is a life or death situation Jules; your food will be there when we come back."

He continued walking; she looked back at the kitchen and then at Dustin. She quickly went to the kitchen to make sure the stove was off and put on her shoes that were by the front door, but before she went after Dustin, she stopped by the hall that would take her to her father's bedroom.

On the wall, there were a lot of swords and knives on display. Her father collected them.

She quickly looked at them and got a sword. If those things were back, she was going to need it.

Her father could probably finish cooking the food.

With the sword in hand, she walked out the door.

◦ ◦ ◦

Dustin wanted to check if Mike was home, which he wasn't. He didn't know where his friends were at the moment.

He needed them, but he only found Julia, but maybe his luck was turning because he saw Steve get out of his car holding some flowers.

"Are those for Mr. or Mrs. Wheeler," Dustin asked. Steve looked at him with a confused expression.

Dustin walked toward Steve and took the flowers from him. "Nancy isn't home."

Steve looked at Dustin as he opened the passenger door, then he looked at Julia "where is she?" Julia shrugged.

This was the first time she saw Steve after Halloween night. It wasn't weird, and there was no tension which Julia was grateful for.

"Doesn't matter; we have bigger problems than your love life."

Julia walked to the car; she didn't want both boys to deal with a monster on their own.

Dustin wanted her help even though she was the only one he could find at the moment he wanted her help, so she opened the back door and hoped she wouldn't regret it later on.

Steve watched as Julia got in the car as Dustin said, "do you still have the bat."

He looked at Dustin "bat? What bat?" 

"The one with the nails from last year," this time Julia responded.

"Yeah, why."

"We'll explain it on the way. Get in now."