056

Julia was observing the next room and without realizing it, walked away from the two girls. With every step Julia skipped keeping Melody entertained.

The young girl was growing tired. She wasn't having any fun, and she missed her dad.

Julia was going to tell Robin she was going to see another part of the house when Julia scanned the room she was in, and her friend was nowhere in sight. "Robin?" 

Julia and Melody were alone. They were supposed to stick together, but now Nancy and Robin were nowhere in sight.

She traced her steps back, looking for the others. Julia held Melody's small hand, wanting some sort of comfort, knowing her daughter was with her.

"We are ok," she said out loud, mostly to herself.

Melody was not worried; she was only bored out of her tiny mind. She was tired, a little bit hungry, and her nap time was approaching; she was going to get cranky within a few minutes.

Julia got out of the study room to look for the two girls when she bumped into Steve.

Melody squealed seeing her father; it felt like she had not seen her father in ages. Steve was moving around, shaking his shoulders.

"What's wrong," Julia asked him.

"There was a spider," he said, looking at his shoulder, making sure the spider was no longer there.

"It's a black widow," he informed, closing the door he just got out of. "Don't go in there," he pointed back.

Melody wanted her father to carry her. She moved her arms toward him. Julia pushed Melody's arms down, thinking her daughter wanted to grab the spider.

"I think I see something."

Melody let out a singular yell getting mad with her mother.

Steve walked toward the vertical mirror that was near them on the wall. He couldn't see anything. Julia walked to him and stood behind him.

"I'll carry you in just a minute, Melody," Steve said sweetly to her daughter, who had her mouth in a pout.

"Wait, don't move," Julia told him. Steve stopped moving; his back was facing her.

Julia gently grabbed the spiderwebs that were intertwined with Steve's thick brown hair. She moved down his hair to his neck, where he had another spiderweb.

"Did you find any clues," Steve asked her. "No, and you."

"We didn't have any luck either." The house was probably a dead end; they spent time looking for clues while Eddie was hiding and running out of food.

"If there's a spider, you're never gonna find it till it lays eggs and the babies spill out," Robin said, appearing out of nowhere.

"There you are. Where were you," Julia asked, looking over her shoulder.

Robin pointed her flashlight up and moved it in a circular motion. "Around." With that, she walked away from the pair.

"What's wrong with her," Steve wondered.

Julia slightly hit the back of his shoulder. She didn't know Robin very well, but she considered her a friend and Melody seemed to enjoy the presence of the teen. "There's nothing wrong with Robin," she answered, taking the last spiderweb from Steve's body.