050

By the time they arrived at the high school Melody was asleep, her red bow long gone. Melody's brown hair was all over the place when Julia carried her out of the car.

"Dustin, do you copy," Robin said through the walkie talkie. "Yeah, I copy," Dustin responded.

"So, Nancy's a genius," Robin said, sounding a little bit excited. "Vecna's first victims date back all the way to 1959. Her shot in the dark was a bull's-eye," she said rapidly.

"Okay, that's totally bonkers, but I can't really talk right now," Dustin responded.

They all walked into the school. Julia had Melody on the baby carrier close to her while she grabbed the flashlight with her free hand.

"What are you doing," Robin asked after a few seconds.

"Breaking and entering school to retrieve confidential and extremely personal files."

Robin wanted to make sure she heard correctly and asked, "Can you repeat that?"

"Just get your ass over here, stat. We'll explain everything."

The young redhead walked a few feet ahead of the rest of the group. Julia was in the back of the group.

Steve glanced over his shoulder, making sure Julia wasn't too far behind. The young mother, with her free hand, brushed Melody's hair. The hairs that were sticking out all over the place were smooth out. Steve smiled at his two girls.

Max unlocked the door and walked in. At the end of the room Ms. Kelley had all the files. The young teen opened the metal cabinet. Max scanned all the files and found Chrissy's and Fred's personal information. She took the papers out of the brown folder and read through them.

Max set the papers next to each other on top of the desk. As Max read through the papers, she noticed familiar symptoms between the two deceased teens. Things that had happened to her too.

Melody had woken up a few minutes ago. She was tired and disoriented. Tiredly, Melody moved her hands toward the young redhead.

"That's Max. Can you say, Max," Julia said to her daughter, who started to whine. After Melody said her first word Julia wanted to know if her daughter could say something else. "Mmah," Melody said loudly.

Julia smiled, but her smile was soon gone when she stared at Max, who was unresponsive. "There's something wrong with Max," Julia said, her voice growing worried.

Steve walked next to Max and shook her shoulder. "Max!" The group panicked, not knowing what to do. She was in a trance.

Julia was worried for the young girl. She got closer to her and touched Max's shoulder. The teen flinched, coming back from her daze and blinked a couple of times.

"Hey, you're okay," Julia said warmly. Max looked back at her, scared. Julia could see in Max's eyes there was something wrong. 

Max wrapped her arms around Julia, hugging her. Melody's feet between the two girls. Julia hugged her back. She didn't know what Max saw, but by the way, the young girl reacted and hugged her. She knew it was nothing good.

Steve stared at the girls. Feeling his gaze, Julia looked at Steve and smiled sadly at him.

Having everything they needed, they walked out of the class. Down the hall, Robin and Nancy were walking toward them.

The smile Robin had on her face disappeared when she saw the faces of the rest of the group. "What happened," Nancy asked.

"I was alone in the school. I heard a clock chime, and I followed it. It was so real, and then, when I got closer, suddenly I woke up," Max explained to the group what she saw. "It was like she was in a trance or something. Exactly what Eddie said happened to Chrissy," Dustin said.

"That's not even the bad part," Max said, looking at the group. "Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Ms. Kelley for help. Uh, they both were having bad headaches that wouldn't go away. And t-t-t-then the nightmares. Trouble sleeping. They'd wake up in a cold sweat. Then they started seeing things bad things. From their pasts. These visions, they just they kept on getting worse and worse until everything ended."

"Vecna's curse," Robin stated, and Max nodded at her. 

"Chrissy's headache started a week ago. Fred's, six days ago. I've been having them for five days. I don't know how long I have. All I know is that for Fred and Chrissy, they both died less than 24 hours after their first vision. I just saw that goddamn clock."

Max breathed rapidly and ended up saying, "So it looks like I'm gonna die tomorrow," Max said. Julia stared at the young girl.

Why do bad things keep happening to them? When will they ever catch a break?

Julia cared about Max. She cared about all the kids. She didn't want the young girl to be in danger or be targeted by Vecna. They needed to find something that could help them.

The group was quiet. No one knew what to say when they heard a loud sound coming closer to them. 

"Stay here," Steve told the group. He quickly grabbed a lamp from Ms. Kelley's room and walked down the hall.

No one listened to him, and the group walked not too far behind him. Melody kicked her feet, wanting to follow the group as well.

Julia stayed at the back with Melody. The young girl was quiet too. Acting as if she knew it wouldn't be good to start babbling in the middle of the dark hall. Her young brain couldn't comprehend the danger she could face.

Footsteps started approaching the group rapidly. Steve raised the lamp and held on tightly as someone turned around the corner.

Steve was ready to hit that person when a young boy yelled, "It's me!" The person said as he had his hands up and took a few steps back from Steve.

"Jesus, what's wrong with you, Sinclair?"

"I'm sorry," Lucas said, out of breath, holding his side. Julia let out a breath of relief, knowing they weren't caught or in danger. 

"I could've taken you out with this lamp!" Steve dropped the lamp, making a loud sound echoing through the halls of the school.

"Sorry, guys. Sorry. I was biking for eight miles," Lucas explained, trying to catch his breath.

He was panting and sweating, "Give me a second. Shit. We've got a code red."

He rolled up his sleeves and walked up to Dustin. "I've been with Jason, Patrick, and Andy, and they've gone totally off the rails. They're trying to capture Eddie, and they think you know where he is. You're in terrible danger," Lucas explained rapidly.

Julia worried for Eddie's safety. Things weren't looking good for the group.

"All right. Yeah, that definitely sucks, but we've got bigger problems than Jason now," Dustin said, looking back at Max.

Lucas focused his attention on Max as she glanced at him awkwardly.