043

Julia was in the room changing Melody's dirty diaper.

Melody was almost six months old. Julia couldn't believe how fast her daughter was growing.

Melody was moving her arms all around, growing impatient. She didn't want to be on the bed anymore; she was curious to look all around.

Julia put the dirty diaper on the side, away from Melody's hands. "I'm almost done," Julia told her impatient daughter, who didn't care as she began to move her legs.

One of Melody's new interests was to try to roll over; she couldn't do it all the way just yet, but she was determined to do it.

"Mellow, can you please stop moving while I put your clean diaper back on

"Mellow, can you please stop moving while I put your clean diaper back on."

Melody stopped kicking and looked at her mother curiously; her head was to the side, her mouth was open, her saliva rolling down her mouth.

Then Melody smiled and started to kick again, moving her legs furiously.  "Where do you get all this energy from," Julia asked tiredly.

Melody smiled, showing her toothless smile. "Good thing you're cute," Julia mumbled, getting Melody.

"There you two are," Steve said, walking into their room.

Hearing her fathers voice, Melody's face beamed with glee. She yelled from excitement once he was closer to her.

Steve looked at her just as happy. "How did you behave today, my sweet Mellow," Steve said, picking up Melody.

His shift had ended earlier in Family Video. He was able to spend extra time with his girls and finally surprised Julia with what he had been planning for a few weeks.

"Melody spilled milk on herself, so I changed her clothes for her to then poop a minute later."

Julia grabbed Melody's hand and moved it around, "But now she's all clean and happy to see her dad." 

Steve kissed Melody's chubby cheek and then kissed Julias cheek. "I have a surprise for you," he said, directing his attention to Julia.

"For me," she placed her hand on her chest. Julia didn't know what Steve could be talking about.

"What is it," she asked, but Steve didn't tell her it was a surprise after all.

"I think you are going to love it. Let's go."  He got out of the room, skipping making Melody laugh with every jump.

The ride was mostly quiet, once in a while, Melody would yell for no reason or babbled until she got tired, but she would rest and babbled again.

She was the most talkative baby Julia had ever met. Five minutes before arriving at the destination, Steve told her to close her eyes.

She did and felt like Steve was taking her in circles. "Are we lost," she asked after he didnt stop driving for a few minutes.

"No and don't open your eyes." He glanced at her making sure her eyes were still closed.