063

Julia had just changed Melody's dirty diaper and had changed her daughter's clothes to something more comfortable.

Melody rested on her hip with her other hand, Julia carried the dirty diaper.

While Julia was walking out of the guest room, she saw Dustin take his walkie-talkie to the restroom. The adults couldn't know he was trying to get in contact with Steve and the others.

Sheriff Powell was talking with the adults. He had his arms crossed as he talked. "Should we get a lawyer," Mr. Sinclair asked.

"We're not ready for that. As far as we know, nobody did anything wrong."

Julia walked across from them into the kitchen.

"But what if they did do something wrong," Mrs. Henderson asked, worried.

Julia threw the stinky diaper inside the trash can. "Can you hold her, please," Julia told Lucas as she handed him Melody.

Lucas, taken back, held Melody awkwardly. His hands were extended away from him as he held Melody. The young girl stared at him, her head tilted to the side as she smiled at him, showing her few teeth as her feet were dangling.

"I don't know what to do," he said slowly to Julia, who was washing her hands in the kitchen sink.

He moved carefully toward the mother. Melody moved her legs, pretending she was walking.

Melody's sudden movements made Lucas stop. "She's moving," he said, nervous.

Julia laughed while she dried her hands. "It's fine, just don't drop her."

The young teen opened and closed his mouth, unable to speak. Lucas didn't feel comfortable carrying Melody; he was scared he was going to drop her.

Melody began to speak in her own language. "Ahh abah ba," she expressed with so much energy.  She was telling the young teen an interesting story, according to her.

She set her hands on top of Lucas' wrist. Melody laughed as her mouth moved, saliva drooled down her chin and into Lucas' hand.

"You can have her now," he said quickly. Now that he got freed of Melody, he went to the sink and washed his hands thoroughly with soap getting rid of the baby's slimy saliva.

Julia kissed Melody's cheek and cleaned the drool with her sleeve.

Now being a mother, there were not a lot of things that grossed her out. She had cleaned Melody's booger with her own hands. When Melody had diarrhea, she accidentally touched the poop when she was taking her onesie off. Melody had peed on her when she was taking a bath with her. A little drool was nothing.

Dustin finally got out of the restroom and walked into the kitchen, where Lucas was standing by the kitchen island.

Julia sat Melody on the kitchen island, Lucas kept his distance from the young girl. 

"Anything?"

"Nothing," Dustin responded, leaning on the counter. 

Lucas looked at Dustin and said, "You don't think they went through..."

"Through Watergate?" Dustin squinted his eyes at his friend.

"Without us? Without a plan? Without weapons?"

"Absolutely," Julia answered without missing a beat.

Dustin did a double take and looked at Julia. "You seriously think they did? They wouldn't be that stupid."

"They must just be laying low 'cause the law got us," he reassured himself.

Julia set her hand on Melody's lap to have her secure while she extended her other hand to the corner to grab an empty plastic cup. She then placed it between Melody's legs to keep her young daughter entertained. She had left the bag with the toys on the living room floor by the coach. Melody held the blue cup in her hand and brought it to her mouth.