044

Julia had opened her establishment late February.

She worked on it late at night to get it ready. The young woman was determined to have her business open, wanting to prove to her father that she could do great things that she was capable of having her own business.

She wanted to make Steve proud he was the first person to believe in her and encouraged her to grow her business.

During the nights when Steve got off from work she would work getting everything ready. Steve would take Melody home while Julia stayed behind in the establishment, painting the walls, building the tables and chairs, working on perfecting her recipes and on top of all that, she still needed to bake the orders she had.

It took many tears and sweat, but she opened her own little business called The Secret Ingredient.

She came up with that name one night before going to bed. Her recipes were basic, but with all of them she wanted to add something special, something that could make it her own creation. There was an ingredient that made it different from others recipes, hint the secret ingredient that night she got out of the bed so quickly she scared Steve. She wrote it down on the notebook he had gifted her for Christmas and wrote it down on the first page below her name.

She didn't want to name her business Julia's Bakery or something along those lines; it sounded unoriginal. She was happy with the name of her business.

Few people had actually showed up to the opening.

March rolled around the corner quickly. Business was going good. Julia already had a few regulars, and she was getting the hang of things.

The bell above the door moved rapidly as a tall man entered. He had a small smile on his face and round brown glasses.

She greeted him with a smile "welcome to The Secret Ingredient. What can I get for you today."

She leaned her shoulder on the display case glass. The man walked closer to the bakery display case glass.

"Hello, do you have any donuts? My pregnant wife has been craving them for the last two days."

Julia walked to the other side of the counter "yes, I do. We have quite a few options: glazed donuts, jelly donuts, chocolate filled donuts, cream filled donuts, lemon filled donuts, powdered donuts, and soon we will add donut holes to the menu," she listed all she had.

"Oh wow," the guy said, overwhelmed.

He scratched the back of his head. "I guess I'll buy one of each." He chuckled lightly.

"Sounds great." Julia walked back to get a paper bag from under the counter. With tongs, she grabbed the six donuts.

"If your wife has a favorite or she wants to try something else, you can call. And I'll have it ready for her." Julia added the last donut to the bag. She handed him the bag and a small card with all the information about The Secret Ingredient.

He looked down at the card. "Could you do special requests? Sometimes she has weird cravings."

Julia understood the obsession with weird cravings she had a few while she was pregnant with Melody. "I'll see what I can do," Julia answered honestly. She didn't want to promise anything and then later not be able to bake what his wife wanted.

"Thank you." He paid and gave her a three-dollar tip.

She cleaned the area and restocked the donuts. While she was in the back room, she checked on Melody, who was taking her nap.

In the back room, there was a small area dedicated to Melody. She had a few of her toys, a changing mat with diapers and different clothes on a little basket, and her bassinet; she was quickly growing out of it. Melody was sleeping, her mouth opened and her arms above her head.