026

Dustin looked around the counter, looking for his friend.

"Pleasure to meet you. Is he here?" Robin furrowed a brow, standing up a little straighter. "Is who here?"

Just that second, Steve burst through the back door, arms in the air. "Henderson," he said in slight shock.

Dustin laughed, pointing at Steve's sailor costume. "Henderson!" Steve repeated, jumping in the air. The two boys laughed "he's back! he's back!" Steve cheered.

"You got the job!" Dustin added, gesturing to the counter.

"I got the job!" Steve said, making a trumpet sound. He approached the boy, and they did their little handshake with bright smiles.

Robin looked at the confused, "Having one child wasn't enough, huh" she asked Steve, leaning on the counter.

Julia laughed at her comment, making Dustin turn around to face her.

His eyes widened when he saw her after being gone for a month. "Wow, you're huge," he commented. Steve hit him behind the head. "Dude."

He grabbed the back of his head and glared at Steve. "I didn't mean it in a bad way," he looked apologetic to Julia.

"I know, but that's not something to say to a pregnant person."

"That's my mistake. There's something I have to charge with you two," he said, sounding a little excited, slightly jumping in place.

Steve took his thirty minute break and left Robin to take care of the clients.

The trio took a seat at a booth. Steve was sitting between Julia and Dustin.

The young boy was talking about how much fun he had at camp and how he was no longer a single man.

"She's hotter than Phoebe Cates," he bragged.

Steve shook his head in disbelief. "Hotter than Phoebe Cates? No, that's impossible," he said in disbelief.

"She's brilliant, too, and she doesn't even care that my real pearls are still coming in," he gestured to his teeth.

Julia was happy for Dustin.

"She says kissing is better without teeth."

Julia made a face at his last comment but quickly changed it and smiled at the younger boy. "She sounds lovely, Dustin," Julia said with a smile, her hands resting on her big belly.

"Wow, I'm proud of you man. That's kinda.. romantic, like wow," Steve said quickly, glancing at Julia then at Dustin.

Dustin nodded, a smile on his face. He then gestured to the ice cream. "So, do you really get to eat as much of this as you want?"

Steve nodded and smiled. "Yeah, I mean, it's not really a good idea for me, though. Gotta keep fit for my uh for the ladies," he said without looking at Julia, blushing lightly.

The relationship between Steve and Julia was a bit complicated.

Mostly after what happened not too long ago. He didn't mean to see her naked after her shower. It was an honest mistake.

He tried to look away, not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable, but as he was looking at her, he saw her as the most beautiful woman in the world. Steve knew how Julia was struggling with her appearance during her pregnancy, but for Steve he saw her as beautiful as ever. She was even glowing.

He liked her more than friends; he cared for her deeply, but it was a conversation that he had been avoiding, scared that she would reject him again.

Steve wasn't devastated when she rejected his proposal last year. He understood that they barely knew each other, so his true feelings weren't there yet, but now he wanted to date her and maybe in the future even call her his wife, but he didn't know how she felt for him. She could simply only want for them to remain friends and share custody of their child together. They were having a kid together, but that didn't mean that she had to love him.