Chapter 23~❀~

Six Days Before

It's currently 2 am and I'm still thinking about what Greyson asked me yesterday. I went to sleep but only had four hours of sleep for I was too busy thinking about my dad. And I came down here in the kitchen.

He got interrupted by Tristan telling him there were three rogues that trespassed on the territory, so Greyson left me alone in his office where I was putting things together.

Why did my dad move to town in the first place?

"Ana? Are you here?" Greyson asks walking in the kitchen.

"Yeah." I say softly.

He walks in and smiles at me.

Then grabs two soup bowls from the cabinet and then takes out a pot from the cabinet below the stove and then fills it up with water and places it over the stove and grabs some tomatoes and squeezes them into the pot.

"What are you making? Homemade tomato soup?" I ask him.

He looks at me and smiles. Then looks back down at the pot.

"Yes, beautiful I am. With some peppers." He tells me.

I nod and just smile.

~•~
We then finished and Greyson washed our bowls. Because he's stubborn and wants to do it himself.

Then we heard a phone go off in the office, and Greyson grabbed my hand and we walked towards his office and then he picked up the landline.

"Yes?" Greyson asks,

"Oh okay, what time? Marco you're my cousin of course Ana and I can watch Aiden." Greyson explains.

Greyson then puts the phone down and puts it on speaker.

"Really? Because I can just cancel, I don't have to go." Marco says quickly and nervously.

Greyson just chuckles and crosses his arms.

"Marco, go to your damn dentist appointment. You need to be well for him. Your pup." Greyson says.

I heard Marco let out a long sigh.

"Alright. Um just stop by my house at ten in the morning. And I'll be there until ten thirty.

Because my appointment is at eleven." Marco explains.

Greyson bites his lips and nods.

"Alright Ana and I will be there at ten. And get some rest Marco." Greyson orders him.

"I will. Thank you." Marco says.

Then hanged up. Greyson laughs and then grabs my hand.

"So, we're babysitting Aiden?" I ask him while we were walking up the stairs.

"Yeah, Aiden's usual nanny quit this yesterday." Greyson says quietly.

I frowned and stopped in my tracks making Greyson stop and look at me with a frown.

"That's mean. And Marco and Aiden need her right now." I tell him.

"Yeah that was mean of her I agree. But right now, we're needed to help them out Ana. And I plan too." Greyson explains to me.

I nodded my head and then follow him to his bedroom.

"Greyson, what about my dad?" I ask him once we got in his room.

Greyson sighed.

"He was born and raised as a werewolf hunter. And he didn't move here because of his cover up job. He moved here to find out more about werewolves. My dad did a background check on him and he's clean. He's just being a curious person that's all." Greyson tells me with a yawn.
I nod processing this all.