Chapter 51 : The face reveal

Chaos

Chaos. Everything was just pure chaos.

A whole week had passed since Ray's face review, which was followed by yet another period of silence from her. However, the minecraft community went insane with the new information. #NightmareNyxFaceReview had been trending on twitter for days, and even some smaller-scale popular gossip outlets were uploading stories about it.

And all of this, as well as Ray's radio silence, messed with Tommy's head. Since that day he hadn't heard from her at all, which obviously could not be good. Even worse so, she hadn't shown her face in college for an entire school week, something that was way too unusual for her.

Arguably the worst part is that he found out about the face reveal on stream. As he was playing some hardcore minecraft with a relatively small viewership for the night, suddenly, the numbers and engagement skyrocketed and his chat was filled with "TOMMY GO ON TWITTER", "NIGHTMARENYX FACE REVEAL!" and "OMG NYX IS SO PRETTY KJSKHJFSKF". Tommy's eyes nearly popped out of their sockets as he went to check twitter and confirmed that Ray had actually done a spontaneous face reveal,  but he had to play it cool in order to not alarm his stream.

"Oh I didn't know this was happening." He laughed out. "I've seen her already so this is no big deal."

But it was. It was a huge deal. To the point that Tommy had been quick to shut down stream and try to get in contact with Ray, but to no avail.

And after a week, he was even willing to find out her information and go to her himself, but obviously that wasn't really a choice.

And currently, he was sitting helplessly at his desk, listening to Wilbur and Tubbo talking once again about the one topic Tommy wanted to not talk about.

"Is Ray actually still not back yet?" Tubbo sighed loudly. "Has she contacted any of you."

"No, she hasn't." Wilbur muttered. "But this whole thing just seems off, doesn't it?"

"What do you mean?"

"She disappears from the convention, ghosts everyone for like a week, then comes back for a random face reveal which no one knew she'd do, and then disappears again. It's fishy's all I'm saying." Wilbur sipped on some water.

"I know, it's weird, but I don't think we're in a position to speculate. She'll come back eventually." Tubbo retorted, though he himself did not seem so sure of what he was saying.

"No, but what if actually something happened, after the face reveal I mean? There's this whole bullshit going around on the internet that Ray's some rich heiress to one of Britain's wealthiest families. Doesn't that sound ridiculous?"

Tubbo remained silent, reflecting on all of his and Ray's interaction. He'd never noticed her being spoiled or mentioning her wealth. On the other hand, she was never open about her parents or siblings, and the memory where she was all alone despite being on vacation stuck out to him.

Tommy was just as deep in thought as the other boy, however, his head felt like it would explode with the headache he was having. However, a question arose in his head: should he tell Wilbur and Tubbo about everything that's going on?

"Tommy? Tommy?" Wilbur's voice brought him out of his trance.

"Huh?" Tommy replied, suddenly alerted.

"You okay? You haven't said a word, which is quite unusual of you." Wilbur pointed out.

"I'm fine, Wilbur."

"No, clearly you're not. You've been saying that all week." Wilbur pushed. "What's wrong? Are you worried about Ray?"

"I-" Tommy began, but couldn't answer the question. After a few seconds he spoke again. "I'm fine."

"Tommy." Wilbur's voice fell into a lower, more strict tone. "I know you're not. And I know you don't like talking about your feelings, and that the only way is to force it out of you. Now, please tell me what's up with you, and why you're acting like-"

"FINE, I'M NOT FEELING OKAY, ALRIGHT? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WHEN RAY HASN'T EVEN BEEN ATTENDING COLLEGE FOR AN ENTIRE WEEK WITHOUT A WORD?" Tommy suddenly exploded, catching both Tubbo and Wilbur hugely by surprise.

"Hasn't been attending college? How would you know that?" Tubbo asked through his surprse.

"BECAUSE WE GO TO THE SAME COLLEGE, WHAT ELSE?" Tommy yelled in return, blinded to the fact that he just exposed Ray's secret.

Wilbur's brows furrowed. "You guys what? And you didn't tell us anything?"

"I-" Tommy began before letting out an exhasperated sigh. "It's not the same college, but the same building I guess."

"WHAT?! HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS??" Tubbo replied, not angrily, but rather in shock. "Why did you guys keep it from us?!"

"Look, things over here are just... way more complicated than you'd think." Tommy sat back in his chair, feeling the overwhelming guilt begin taking over. "It's not for me to tell. But long story short, Ray's grandpa didn't die, she's in Nottingham, and she hasn't been coming to college for a week, ever since that face review."

Both Wilbur and Tubbo were absolutely flabberghasted. They'd been deceived by Ray and Tommy for a month, or maybe even longer.

However, seeing Tommy, Wilbur knew that this was not the right time to argue with him about it. Instead, his voice turned more gentle.

"Tommy, I'm sure she's fine. Maybe she's just sick or something, or doesn't want to go online in fear of the backlash from her face reveal. Just don't worry too much, she's going to show up eventually." Wilbur said encouragingly.

"Yeah, Ray's not the type to disappear for long periods of time. She's done this before." Tubbo backed him up on it.

And although Tommy knew that neither of these were the right reasons, he let out a small sigh.

"Thank you guys."

updating quickly b4 i go on vacation