2. formalities

this is what Elara is wearing ^^

The picture at the very start is what Xavier is wearing

Xavier
I got her number from Ares after he criticised the way I acted yesterday. Do I care? No.
My brother has a tendency to act like my dad which is tiring ti deal with. Anyway,I decided to take 'the wife' on brunch because yes I agree the way I acted was dickish but her kissing that guy and grinding on him evened it out. I feel a bit stupid because as long as first impressions go I definitely fucked it up and shit this girl is going to bear my kids and I'm spending my life with her. I really want kids,don't ask why.

I agreed that I would pick her up at 11 but when I arrived at her house,she wasn't waiting for me so I had the pleasure to wait for her with her father. Her father's English skills are few so when the man tries he tries. "You ok?" He asks and I shake my head. "Zio tu parli italiano."( Uncle you can talk Italian) I tell him and he nods and we talk about dates for the wedding. He mostly talks I just stare knowing I have no choice in the matter.

After what seems like a decade she runs down the stairs. I really have to learn her name. She runs downs and apologises while holding her breasts to stop them from bouncing. Too late they already did.

I avert my eyes from her tits and look at her face. Wow she's beautiful. "Shall we go?" She says walking out and I follow her.

Before I agreed to this marriage my tick list was:
1.has to be brunette
2.has to have her own mind
3.has to have a place in our mafia
4. has to be pretty
5.tolerates that I probably won't fall in love with her but I will treat her right.

The reason for number 5 is for two reasons. The first is because I've never really had a mother to nurture me and show me how to love and the second, probably the main reason is that in our mafia there's a rule that limits any space for love "You must marry someone who is in a mafia" meaning no commoners because for us marriage isn't a vow between lovers but an alliance between powerful families.

Just by looking at her two of the five criterias are ticked off. Them being that shes pretty and shes a brunette. Don't get me wrong I have no doubt she has her own mind but right now all I see is a pretty girl with a powerfull father.

Look at her dress and notice we are wearing the same colour. She looks at my shirt and shakes her head "I'm going to change," she says turning around to go back upstairs. I hold her arm to make her turn around "no your not,just get in the car," I tell her and she rolls her eyes. "And don't do that," I tell her and she does it again.
"And who are you to tell me what to do,"she says back to me.
"I'm your future husband and not only that but I need to be somewhere after this," I tell her and she smiles as if she's accomplished something.

"First Xavier I don't care if your my future husband I have my own mind and my own self so don't tell me what to do," she says and I just stare at her baffled but in a weird way attracted. She carries on to say "rephrase that command," she orders and I have no choice but to oblige.

"Elara," I say moving closer towards her, "At 12:30 I need to be present somewhere so can you just for now wear what you are currently in," I correct myself and she has that accomplished smile on her face "say the magic word," she tells me to say please but I won't.
I shake my head and she walks out and head for my car.

She definitely has her own mind.

Elara
I sit in his car as he says his byes to my father. Looking around and from just seeing his face,he ticks off two of the criteria,he's relatively attractive and is younger than 22. It's not ideal but this is the mafia. He may be respectful but for all I now he could just be acting in front of my father.

He enters the car and we both say nothing,no glances. I'm not surprised but this silence is killing me "where are we going?" I ask and he gives no reply.

He pulls up at a cafe and walks out not even offering to open my door. I'll remember that. I expect him to treat me right,like a husband should treat his wife I don't expect him to fall in love with me or to go the extra mile but if he's not even going to walk a step then he can fuck off. I seriously think about walking away from him but I decide to just go on this date or whatever this is-a formality.

He sits at a secluded table with his leg above his other knee tapping his ring on the table. I join him and he asks,this is the first time I've heard his voice "what do you want?" His voice is deep but not rough.
I look at the menu before keeping my eyes away from his stare "iced coffee black."

He raises his eyebrows "what?" I ask him and he shrugs "nothing I just thought you would want something sweet," he says whistling over a worker. I roll my eyes at him not caring about what he thought of me. "What was that?" He asks I shrug.

"Don't do it again," he warns me so I do it again,I roll my eyes because he needs to understand that I don't care. He notices and whispers "she's a fucking piece of work." I nod my head and say what I want to the worker. Xavier orders the same as me. I really have to marry him.

"Can I ask a question?" I ask and he nods taking a sip of his coffee. "When we marry will you see other women?" he looks at me like I said I worship the devil. He replies"yes if whores are what you mean," I take a sip of my coffee. He's really pissing me off.

"Whores? You mean women,that you pay to have sex with," I correct him but he just laughs at my reaction. I- "Xavier," I say,he stops laughing "whores are fucking women so call them so,most of them are in that business because they have no choice so treat them with a bit of bloody respect," that was brave of me because I have no clue how he will react.

He raises his hands and I flinch internally hoping it didn't show,he puts his hands back and says "ok I'm sorry,what was your name?"
"Elara,it's Elara and don't forget it," I say silently thanking god that he didn't snap as most men would. He nods "I don't think I can."

He leaves after paying and I say my  thanks to the workers. I hold my coffee in my hand and open the door to join him. "Elara," he says firmly but not harshly. I look at him what now? "Your not bringing that in here," he refers to the coffee. what the fuck? I must have made a face because he starts to explain "look I don't care about a lot of shit and your free to do anything but one thing I can't stand is food or drinks in my car." I put my free hand up in defeat just like he did and I put the coffee in the bin.

The car ride was silent yet again until he put a song on 'Right Here' by Chase Atlantic. I internally had the biggest smile on my face. "You listen to Chase Atlantic?" I ask surprised.
He nods tapping the steering wheel with his ring.

As we approach my house he says lowering the volume "I spoke to your he said that him ans my brother have agreed that we will be getting married on Friday," I look at him with my mouth open in surprise. "just thought you would to know now instead of the dumping it on you." He says. Friday is tomorrow.
"Thank you." I say and open the door without saying bye I leave.

He drives of and I rush to catch my dad before he goes to work. I need him to tell me.

I think Elara is a bit of all of us because she thinks men are stupid asf.

on to the next chapter —> —>