4. the big day

Elara
I couldn't sleep last night. It wasn't because I was nervous about marriage it was the thought of leaving me dad and don't get me wrong I know for certain he's healthy enough to look after himself but what happens when he isn't,I'll be in Spain and I'll be no use to him.

When the maids came in I was already texting Alice,yesterday she was pissed because we didn't have a hen night but now she's calmer.
alice💕: I'm coming over is there anything you need
me:yea get me 2 packs of redbull
me:I'll pay u when u come to mine.
Alice💕:okay I love you
me:I love you more <3

Before the stylists came I had already put on my dress. It hugged me in all the right places and I think it's safe to say it's the most beautiful dress I've ever worn. I look at the picture of my mum next to my dressing table. My eyes become watery as I remember the day she passed away and the last words she said to me "don't ever let go of who you are Elara Romero." Those words were the reason I didn't want to get married;I didn't want to change my name,the name that she said before she died and even though I am getting married I've decided I won't change that name.

Alice enters my room with just as she said two packs of red bull. I tell her the money is in my jacket pocket but she doesn't get it. Instead when she sees me looking at my mums pictures she hugs my neck. "She's looking over you El," she says and I let a tear roll down my face.
"I've decided I'm not changing my name." She smiles and nods in approval. She strokes my cheek and plants a kiss on my forehead.

When the makeup artist finished my makeup and I had put all the jewellery on it was time to walk down the aisle. I stepped out of my room and saw all the body guards stood around. They gave me friendly nods as i walked down the stone stairs.Don't trip,don't trip.

My father was waiting for me at the end of them,I took his arm and we both begin walking through the crowd of people who had split into two halves. "sei bellissima proprio come tua madre," (you look beautiful just like your mum) he whispers in my ear and i squeeze his arm to let him know how much i love him. I walk through the crowd and i see few familiar faces but then again i dont know a lot of people and i only have one friend. I look up at the stage where Xavier is stood with a stern face and Darren is stood behind him as his best man. I look at where i will stand and when i see Alice my worries become fewer.

Xavier

Ares told me before we arrived "dont let her know your nervous because trust me she will show it," i listen to him of course and keep a stern face as she walks across the aisle in her fathers arm and in that white,innocent,sexy dress. I know its a wedding dress but damn its a good fit. She steps onto the stage.I expected her to be controlling her breathes but shes completly calm,she smiles polietly at my brother who is also my best man but has no reaction to me.

The priest says the vows and i repeat after him "do you take Elara Romero to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"yes i do," I say looking at her but she's already looking at me.

"and do you Elara Romero take Xavier Morreti to be your lawfully wedded husband?" she looks at that body guard who was also at the dress shop. She smiles and nods and Elara says "yes i do."

The priest then says "then you may kiss the bride!" I look at Elara who looks around before saying "do it," I lift her chin up so shes looking at me and not at the audience we have staring at us.I lean in and kiss her,at first she does nothing but then she takes control of,our lips intertwine and then we pull away.

"Please sign here," the priest says to Elara if she signs then she will change her name to Morreti making an official member in our mafia. She pauses and says to me in a hushed voice "look please don't be angry but I can't change my name,it means to much," she says with tears in her eyes. "Let me talk to Ares," I say and step to a side before calling my brother. I tell him and he agrees that I should allow her to keep the name. I tell her and she smiles at me before leaving to greet the guests.

Elara
After having a drink with my dad and saying my goodbyes I receive a text from Xavier.
unknown:come outside someone will bring your belongings. And no I haven't saved his name because he should ask me correctly it really isn't hard.

I don't respond and me and Alice meet him and the rest of the Morreti family. Darren greets me "hey princess."Someone slaps his arm telling him to stop. Xavier is nowhere to be seen so Ares introduces me to everyone.
"Ok so you know me and Darren and this is Faye Morreti,my wife." He says showing me a ginger haired woman with a powerful red lip "hi sweet."
"hi." I reply with a smile. I hate introductions they are so awkward.
"And lastly we have Sienna who is Darren's wife."she waves politely and I wave back.

They all stare at Alice so I introduce her "this is Alice,Alice meet the Morreti family.Alice is my best friend but she's also my body guard," I tell them and they nod their heads before turning around and going into their designated cars.
Alice goes with the other bodyguards and I find myself stranded.

Just as I'm about to call an Uber to the nearest airport Xavier arrives on a bike. A sexy bike but still a bike. "You ride? I ask and he nods "do you want a ride?" I hop on behind him and adjust the helmet before he starts driving.

The speed he drives at takes me by surprise and as the wind hits my face I can't help but hold on to him. "I'm sorry," I say warning him that I'm about to do something he might hate. I wrap my arms around his waist,he says nothing. Worried about what he might think I remove my hands. He quickly catches them and says "your my wife your allowed to hold onto me," he says and I thank god that it's dark because I'm blushing a bit too much. I snake my arms around his waist and rest my head on his back. Why am I so comfortable around him?

It's currently 03:15
Check out my tiktok @okbutaronwarner (it's in my bio)
onto the next chapter—> —>