25. denial

Elara
When I wake up my eye's immediately meet my beloved knife. It's silver rim and it's design which used to remind me of when my dad gifted me it now reminds me of last night. Fuck. Waking up to an empty bed has got to be the worst feeling it's as if ur heart has sunk to the ground. Where is he?

I throw on a robe and head downstairs. I enter the kitchen hoping he's cooking up breakfast or some shit but instead I'm meet with Darren and Sienna eating each other's faces out. They pay me no attention so I walk out and go to the conference room. Ever since Ares was killed there's been more 'work' to complete so it makes sense that Xavier's there.

A guard opens the door and for fucks sake I walk in on Alice and Silas having a make out session. Wait Alice and Silas? I make a mental note that a catch up is needed.

I take out my phone and ring him which is probably what I should've done first but oh well. "Xavier."
He hums in response his voice soft.
"Where are you?" I say my tone revealing how impatient I'm getting.
He laughs "why do you miss me love?" He says his laugh sends me weak in the knees. I fix my robe nervously "I'm in my office," he says while rustling some papers. He has an office? Off course he does.
"And where is this office?" I ask embarrassed that I don't know.
"After the conference room  there's a set of double doors,open them and take a right," he says and hangs up the phone. He honestly needs to learn the etiquette of ending a phone call.

I follow his instructions and end up in front of a door that's labelled 'Xavier.' I twist the door knob and enter his office.

Xavier
I get off the call from El and one of my spies call me. He gives me a brief summary and while he's explaining I get a call from my accountant,I end the call with the spy and start with my accountant. He goes on and on about investments and things that I have no care for. This shit was never my job it was Ares's and although Faye is capo she's also 4 months pregnant so the whole mafia rests on my shoulders,by strong shoulders but still it's a lot. My office door opens and like an angel El walks in.

I scan her from head to toe. She's most likely in her pyjamas or just a bra and shorts under her robe. Her robe accentuates ever curve in her body and all my blood from my head rushes to my cock as I think of undressing her. I return my focus back on my accountant "so this is your office." She says walking around examining the stationary and the minimalist decor.

My accountant finally ends the call and I admire her as she tucks her hair back behind her ears. "El?"
"Yes?" She says distracted by a pen.
"What is it?" I ask her and she turns and begins walking towards me.
"Can I not see my husband?" She asks rhetorically. "You left without saying anything," she says sitting on my chair. I lean against my desk. She looks up at me "you know Alice and Silas were making out?" She says smiling to herself. My eyes widen but I'm not surprised.

"How come you never showed me this?"
"I'm always at an edge when I'm here and I don't want you to see that part of me," I say and she nods "I want to know every side to you regardless," she says and I kiss her forehead.

The phone rings so I answer and it's some guy that I have no clue who he is or what he does telling me that we will all die if I don't filloin some sheet of paper. I feel like I'm backkk at school. El must have noticed I'm beyond stressed because she holds my arm and asks "what's wrong?" I take a deep sigh and sit on my chair,she stands between my legs and I rest my head on her stomach "I want to run away," I let that slip before I can catch it. She grabs my chin  and when I meet her eyes,smiles and says "let's go on holiday," she says her eyes light up and because of that I agree.

Elara
As soon as I get out of Xavier's office Sienna is the first person I see. She's finally taken a break from Darren's mouth "I have news," I say and she sits on the kitchen counter ready to hear it. "Please don't tell me you're pregnant," she says holding her temple "the amount of whining those two do is ridiculous I think I would have to move out if your whining was added," she says and I shake my head "no me and Mateo are going on a vacation," I tell her and she gasps .

"Where and when and how?"
"I have no clue,soon and I suggested it," I answer her questions but she still has a concerned look on her face "Xavier's never been on holiday," she tells me and although it's odd I'm not surprised;the amount of stress and responsibility the whole Moretti family experience is insane and from such a young age. Unlike me,who was only really given any responsibility until I turned 16.

I text Alice to meet me in my room.

"Bitch,why didn't you tell me you and Silas are dating?" Both of us are sat on my bed with Dawn nibbling on our fingers. "We weren't dating until this morning,we started to get close and then we started kissing like all the time and El he's so pretty,he's sweet and gentle his eyes make me want to cry,I'm just aaa."
"I know,you're in love," I tell her.
She stops smiling "no," she shakes her head and I laugh to myself. Love is like the 5 stages of grief and she's in denial.

this took so long to write sorry