Artwork Critique | 9

Jun asked him, "So it means that the both of you were already in a relationship when you were in highschool?"

"No, at that time I was already in my last year of high school so I'm busy preparing for my CSAT plus we already debuted at that time so it's hard for me to try to meet her"

"Then, how did you find her back?"

Wonwoo pointed at Heeseung, "I saw him talking with Rowoon and she's there, working with Sf9"

Their fate is written as destiny to happen and inevitable.

Woozi crossed his arms and glanced at his watch, "I don't want to hear the details on how you two can be in a relationship now tell me, how can she be murdered by someone?"

Waiting for them at the Seoul National University, Heeseung did not do anything or even touch his phone. He is currently waiting for a group of friends to finish their class and meet him there.

It's been 4 months since he met them as all of them have been busy with their assignments and Heeseung is busy with his job. It's almost time where students will be busy with their final week before they will have their semester break.

Sitting on a short wall that can sit on, he looked around as his eyes landed on a football field where a lot of people seem to be preparing a show there.

It's time for lunch so a lot of students from other faculty can be seen starting to walk outside to go to the cafeteria. The loud sound of paper tearing apart can be heard suddenly.

A lot of students went to the field to see what was happening.

Heeseung walked toward the field before he saw a lot of art students lining up in front of their lecturer who were judging their artwork before tearing the paper. He was speechless when he saw the scene.

His eyes land on a person who is wearing a dark blue hoodie. The person who he knows well keeps wearing the same hoodie most of the time.

"Kang Byulmin, Yoon Jini, Jung Daehyun and Lee Bong please stand in front of me"

He watched as all of them started to stand in front of their lecturer. Someone pat Heeseung back and he turns around to meet with Kang Woo, Kang Hajoon and Jini's twin, Yoon Jinu, "Why didn't you text us that you have arrived?"

Not answering Jinu's question, Heeseung pointed at the field where their other friend was.

"You guys call this an artwork?!"

"A 5 years old kid can even do better than you, what do you guys think you're doing?!"

"Do you think my class is a playground or what?!"

"Ma'am I already finished my artwork but before I can show you today it has already become like this"

"Your reason doesn't make sense, I gave you 1 month to finish this artwork and you want to say that someone sabotaged your artwork last minute?!"

"Yoon Jini, Jung Daehyun and Lee Bong, what is your reason for your artwork??"

Their mouths pinched shut as though holding back what they really wanted to say so that they wouldn't be labelled as someone who was rude to their lecturer.

Kang Woo cracked their knuckles loudly, Heeseung cheeks flamed with anger, Hajoon eyes glowed with savage fire while Jinu gave a piercing stare at the lecturer.

"Yoon Jini, sloppiness. I already told the class before that I will not take images of art that are framed, crooked, watermarks or large and oversized artist signatures.

"But ma'am art is exceptional-"

"Show your artwork at the art gallery, do you think they will consider your artwork for the exhibition? I can bet that they will immediately reject it. Try to compare yourself with your other classmates. What do you think it is?"

Their lecturer scoffed, "it's the worst out of the worst one that I ever see"

"Lee Bong, poor color. It is so obvious to me that the colors are not balanced, are washed out and are not representative of the original colors of the art".

Heeseung raised his eyebrows, "huh? What are the original colors of the art?"

"A basic palette of five colors which is red, yellow, brown, black, and white", Hajoon answered him.

"I don't get it, it's still pretty. They all can even do better than me?"

"When you're an art student, you take one of the courses in fine arts. It's normal to be judged like that"

"What the fuck", Heeseung muttered under his breath.

"Jung Daehyun, repeating shapes, patterns and symmetry. Your artwork doesn't have any uniqueness at all. Not to mention about poorly written submission, no name, no ID student. Are you in a rush or what? Did you do your work last minute?"

They all still stay silent. She walks towards Byulmin before taking her artwork from her hand and looking at it one more time.

She walks to the middle of the field before she takes a lighter from her hand and burns Byulmin artwork. All of the students who were still there watching the scene gasp in surprise. Students there start to talk about how Byulmin doesn't give any reaction at all.

Kang Woo told the others, "Ahh it seems like her veins have changed to black colour again"

Jinu looked at him, "I'm more worried about the growing flower"

"Incomplete artwork. Not to mention you're lying to me"

"You call yourself a lecturer when you don't believe what your students are telling you about their problems", she walks toward Byulmin closely before she pushes her head with her index finger a few times.

"I already had enough with students lying to me. Fail for you for this subject"

"Your daughter sabotaged my artwork. She made my artwork wet and made it more sloppy", she slapped her across the face. It stung her cheek but she still did not give any reaction to it.

"Compare yourself with her. Her artwork is much better than yours. Just look at it! Look!!!"

"Favoritism", she slapped her one more time on her cheek. "I know how I'm going to evaluate her artwork. Stop it before I give you more slap"

"You're the one who is supposed to stop"

Their lecturer was so surprised that she kept back out a few steps, "Director I thought you will come only weekend here"

"Just because I come only on weekends, do you think you can treat your students this way?"

"Oh? Lee Hyeok hyung", they were all shocked to see the man from far away.

"At first I didn't want to believe what my younger sister said but did you know that Ju Hwa was admitted to the hospital already because of you?"

"Wa-wai-wait, Ju Hwa yo-your younger sister?"

Lee Hyeok smirked look at her in unbelievable, "Just because that I have 2 jobs doesn't mean that I didn't monitor all of the teaching staff here"

"Remember, I will not accept your mark of student report to me because I want you to prepare"

"Pre-prepare f-for what?"

"Preparations for your dismissal include your daughter's student punishment letter from the university court for not getting the minimum number of credits as stated in the policy for this semester"

"Director, you can't do this to us like this!"

Lee Hyeok looks at her in disguise as she grabs his arm begging him, "with the number of witnesses around you and I who watch how you evaluate your student and with the proof of Ju Hwa broken arms and legs X-ray and your class CCTV evidence, is this should be enough to show to the Dean?"