Hurt Road | 17

Youngbin's father slammed his student research paper on the table. He glared at his wife, "can you stop?"

She plopped down on one end of the sofa and massaged her ankles, "why should I? You know that if I didn't do this he would never be like he is now. Ahh out of all my children, why is he the only one who has the curse."

"I'm the one who should ask you since he came out of your body but I never did! Just because he was born on 4 April, you can't treat him like that!!"

He pointed his index finger at her, "did you even realize this? You have failed yourself as a mother! If not because of how you treat him as invisible since he was little, he will never be like this and he will never have that curse!!!"

"Then what are you?! Do you want to say that you're a good father? You never treat your other child the same as how you treat Youngbin!! What is that?! Tell me!"

Youngbin's older brother, Kim Yong-Sun leaned his shoulder against the door of his father's office, "How long do you guys want to fight because of him?"

He looked at his parents annoyingly. At first, he didn't like his father too fondling and spent so much time with Youngbin but when he grew up seeing the things that happened surrounding him, he started to understand why his father became like that.

From the beginning, their mother was bound by the beliefs of the Chinese people. In Chinese, the number 4 (四 sì) is considered the most unlucky as it rhymes with the word that means death (死 sǐ).

Because Youngbin was born on 4 April, she never treats him the same as she treats her other child. She doesn't want to have his unlucky charm inside of her.

Jinu hugged one of Youngbin's arms and buried his face into Youngbin's shoulder as they sat down on the stairs, listening to their conversation.

There aren't many flowers on this road

이 길에는 꽃이 그리 많이 피지 않는 걸

Occasionally a flower

가끔씩 보이는 꽃이

His mother should have known and was grateful that her own son was a type of flower that can still survive on a dead road.

I don't know how precious

얼마나 소중한지 몰라

so pretty and I like it

너무 예쁘고 좋아서

"Omma, you should look at how precious he is."

will stay here

여기 남아있는 거겠지

"Appreciate him before he will not stay here anymore, forever."

You and I know you know

너나 나나 알기는 알았잖아

Tell me it's not an easy road

쉽지만은 않은 길이란 걸 말야

DAY6 - 아픈 길 (Hurt Road)

"You should not tell any older people what to do!!"

His mother crossed her arms over her chest, "I'm your mother Yong-Sun ah. Stop telling me what to do. I still know things about him ok?"