High School | 19

"Hi, have a seat"

The woman closed the door and sat in front of her, "You've been busy since the semester began right?"

She put an envelope in front of her, "Book a spa when you have time."

Daeyeol's mom chuckled, "There's not much to do, we always administer tests."

"But must you let all your students enter the contest?"

"What's the matter?"

"It's a lot of work. You have to grade them and there is no need to give false hope either."

Mrs. Lee narrowed her eyes, "False hope?"

"I'm not saying this will happen, but what if some random kid gets chosen but has to relinquish his entry ticket?"

"A random kid?"

Mrs. Lee stops for a second to think and she realise what it means, "Ahh you mean Yoon Jingyu and Kim Youngbin?"

"You know those kids?"

"Senator, they're not kids. They go to our school."

The woman said, "Those kids have lots of problems since both of them have mental issues and always didn't come to school."

"Then, what's there to worry about?"

"I'm not worried, I just want to avoid a messy situation since we've planned this whole project together."

Mrs. Lee raised her eyebrow, "Plan it doesn't mean we pick the winner."

"What are you saying? why are you acting like this?"

Mrs. Lee crossed her arm, "Then why are you acting like a demanding child?"

The woman in front of her let out a deep breath, "did you usually do this all the time to cover the shame of the school for having many stupid students? You even ask all the teachers to change the mark of almost all students even though they should not do that for 2 years?"

Mrs. Lee replied to her, "Competition is fierce to get accredited as a school for the gifted. I was desperate at that time since the point for school was too low. I need to increase the value of good points so that the school can be in the top 20 best schools in all of South Korea."

"Then I can make a false rumor of you to the media that you make teachers always give a good mark to Daeyeol for all the subjects despite him already being smart."

"But Dae-"

"I heard that he has already become a trainee to be a singer?"

"How-"

The situation makes it way more awkward as the woman gives a small smile at her, "Do you know how to get what you want the easy way?"

She stopped her words before continuing, "Instead of saying what you want, you listen to what the other person wants."

Mrs. Lee bit her lower lips, "I'll do everything possible."

"In return, you will handle that matter right?"

Mrs. Lee nodded, "In addition to that, no one can know about this even Daeyeol except the both of us. Daeyeol's academic standing can't fall just because of this."

"There's more that I need you to do for Yoon Jingyu..."

Jingyu was still in a stall, he was adjusting his school uniform and washing his hands but when he tried to open the stall door he couldn't. so he pushed and pushed. He eventually heard a group of students laughing and he told them to let him out but they didn't.