chapter four

Natasha:
Every part of me wanted to go back to Boston with Y/N this morning. I'm so concerned about her. I know her, and I know that she's only pretending that she'll be okay.

Maria had fallen asleep early tonight because she has work super early in the morning but I stayed up worrying about Y/N.

It was after midnight when I heard my phone vibrating on my nightstand and when I picked it up to see that Y/N was calling, I immediately answered.

"Sweetheart, is everything okay?" I question, wrapping a blanket over myself.

"Everything smells like her, mom, and I can't sleep because she's not next to me and all her stuff is still here. It hurts so much. It really really hurts and I just want it to stop." She sobbed into the phone. "Oh detka-" I breathe. Her voice sounded so exhausted and broken and my heart broke for her.

"Can you please come to Boston? I really can't be alone right now," She begged. "Of course I can. I'll be there as soon as I can, okay?" I speak softly. "Okay. Thank you mama," She says. "You don't need to thank me, honey."

"Why don't you go turn on a movie or something whilst you wait for me?" I suggest. "Okay," She answers.

"I'm just going to pack a few of my things and tell Maria and then I'll message you when I leave," I inform her. "Thank you," Her voice is croaky. 

"I love you so much. I'll see you soon," I say. "I love you too. See ya."

I put down my phone and turned on the lamp before quietly getting out of bed and going into the closet. I take out a bag and pack a few days worth of clothes as well as some toiletries and my laptop.

After double checking that I have everything, I crouch down next to Maria's side of the bed and gently shake her awake.

"Maria honey, Y/N just called and she really needs me," I inform her quietly. A groan escapes her lips as she slowly opens her eyes. "Is she okay?" She asks in a groggy voice as she turns onto her side to face me. "I don't think so, but she will be," I sigh, brushing her hair out her face.

"I'm going to go to Boston for a few days to be with her," I tell her. "Are you leaving right now?" She questions and I nod. "Okay, do you need anything before you leave? Are you okay to drive?"
"I'm okay, I'll stop for a coffee on the way," I admit.

"Okay, drive safely. Let me know when you get there," She smiles softly, holding onto my hand. "I will."

"I love you, darling," She lifts her head up and gives me a kiss. "I love you too," I smile. "Get some rest." I gently kiss her again before standing up properly and turning off the lamp.

By the time I walked out of the bedroom, Maria was practically snoring again.

I smiled to myself before closing the door and quickly going into the kitchen to write a note to leave on the fridge, reminding Maria to feed Otis because she'll otherwise most likely forget.

I grab my bag and my keys before going out to the car and making my way to Boston.

~

I spoke to Y/N again for a little bit on the way before she said that she was going to try to get some sleep. It was three-thirty am by the time I got to her apartment.

I let myself in with my key to see that the only light was coming from the tv. Y/N had fallen asleep on the couch watching Gilmore Girls and was curled up in a very thin blanket.

I quietly dropped my bag on the floor and took my shoes off before going over to Y/N and pulling another blanket over her. I kissed her forehead and sat down in the arm chair beside the couch, bringing my knees up to my chest and covering myself with a blanket as I turned off the tv to try and get some sleep myself.

A couple of hours later, the sun started to rise and I woke up. Y/N was still fast asleep on the couch and I wasn't ready to get up, so I messaged Maria for a bit whilst she was getting ready for work before turning on the tv at a low volume.

At seven am, Y/N's alarm went off and she started to wake up. She groaned whilst reaching for her phone which was on the coffee table in front of her, with her eyes still closed.

"I got it," I say, after her many failed attempts of finding her phone.

Her eyes slowly open at the sound of my voice and a thankful smile forms on her lips. "Hi mama."

"Hi sweetheart," I smile softly as she sits up. "How are you feeling?"

"I want coffee," She groans, rubbing her eyes with the heel of her hands. "Me too," I laugh. "Do you want me to make some?" I offer. "I don't have any," She whines. "Well how about you go back to sleep for a bit and I'll go get some from across the street?"

"That sounds great, but I can't go back to sleep. I have a nine am lecture," She informs me. "Oh fun. You sure you're up for going?" I ask. "It's the last lecture I have of the year so I probably should," She says as she yawns.

"Alright, well how about you get ready and I'll go get coffee?" I offer. "Okay, thank you," She smiles softly.

We both get up and Y/N immediately engulfed me in a hug. I wrap my arms around her tightly and kiss her head as I run my fingers through her hair.

Y/N then goes to the bathroom and I get changed into a fresh pair of clothes before knocking on the bathroom door. "I'll be back in twenty," I admit. "Okay," She yells from the shower.

~

When I get back with coffee, Y/N is sitting on a kitchen stool eating a croissant as she stares into space.

I put down the coffee cup in front on her and she's brought out of her daze. "Thank you," She smiles softly. "You're welcome, honey."

"So how are you feeling about your exam tomorrow?" I question. "Alright I guess. As long as I pass, I'll be happy," She shrugs. "I'm sure you'll do fine," I smile gently, which she returns.

"What time does your lecture finish?" I ask. "Twelve," She whines as she slouches back in her chair and I chuckle slightly. "I'll go get some groceries whilst you're in class then?" I suggest. "That would be great," She smiles thankfully. "Okay, anything in particular you want?"

"Obviously we need coffee, but other than that I don't mind," She tells me and I nod.

A comfortable silence fills the air as the both of us finish our coffee before Y/N speaks up again. "Mom?"
"Yes, sweetheart?"
"Thank you for being here. I don't think I can do this without you," She admits as her eyes become glassy.

I smile sadly and walk around to the other side of the counter and pull her in for a hug. Y/N immediately starts crying as I run my fingers through her hair.

__________
A/N: hello :) how are you?
I hope you enjoyed this chapter:)
Idk why but I find this book so easy to write and I'm here for it ahah