epilogue

Five Years Later

Y/N:
I don't have many memories from my childhood due to the copious amount of trauma I went through after I lost my dad, but there's one specific memory I have with him.

I was probably seven or eight years old at the time. We were watching re-runs of all my favourite Disney movies, and my dad always told me that I should never get married to someone who didn't treat me like a princess. He said that my expectations should remain as high as humanly possible. We pinky-promised on it. And even though it's been thirteen years since I lost him, I still kept my promise.

Nine months ago, Kate proposed to me. Today we are finally getting married.

I've always had mixed views on marriage. I don't think it's for everyone and I don't like the pressure society puts on a person to be married. For a while I wasn't sure if marriage was something I even wanted. When I met Kate though, subconsciously I think I always knew that she would be the woman I'd marry.

We tried to make our wedding as small as possible. Her guest list consisted of her mom, a few of her friends from work, her older sister of whom I only met a few months ago - her names Susan, she's actually quite a sweet person - and her sisters husband.

My guest list consisted of Mom and Maria - my maid of honour being my Mom, Maria is walking me down the aisle.

MJ and Peter are coming and by the way, are now engaged. They started dating in our final year of college. MJ are I also quite close friends now. I didn't think it was possible to become friends after dating someone, but here we are.

Ned is bringing his girlfriend, Emily. They've been together for a few years now.

I also wanted to invite Amelia and Charlie and they're bringing their son, Matthew. He's two years old now and Amelia kind of hinted that he should be the "flower guy", and I couldn't of said no to her especially after everything her and Charlie have done for me.

Of course Yelena and my grandparents are here too.
I tried to get Lena to be another of my bridesmaids but unfortunately Kate got to her first and she's her "best woman". Talk about betrayal, I mean seriously. I'm family...

But truthfully Kate was very hungover a few days ago after the bachelorette party Yelena threw and it didn't look like fun. I mean her head was over the toilet all morning. So was mine, but for different reasons which we'll get to later.

•••

Kate and I decided we couldn't stick to 'tradition' and wait until we were walking down the aisle to see each other and are quite literally helping each other get ready.

Our wedding is being held in the most beautiful hotel we could find (and afford) in the city, so we booked a room to get ready in so afterwards we could come and well...you know. Also, it's about and hour drive away to get back to our home since we moved into a place just outside the city and we'd probably be too tired to do anything by the time we got back, which is unacceptable on our wedding night.

"Y/N/N, guess what?" Kate raises her voice from the bathroom. "What?"
"I have this massive crush on you," she says. "Really? How much so?" I play along. "So much so that I think I'm going to marry you today."
"Hmm, how could I say no to that?" I giggle as she walks out of the bathroom.

"Also, that was so cheesy. You're lucky I love you," I add.

"I love you too," she smiles widely and pecks my before before crouching down. She kisses my stomach over my white dress and says, "and I'm already so in love with you little one."

I smile softly before my gaze shifts away from her and land on my mom, standing at the hotel room door in shock.

"Either I just walked in on something or did Kate really just say 'I love you' to your stomach?"