chapter thirty-four

Y/N:
In exactly two weeks today I move back to Boston for college. I'm half way through my degree now which has gone extremely fast, but I also can't wait to be done. I think if MIT was in New York it'd be different, but I miss being around my family.

After my shift, Kate and I decided to hang considering she had the day off work. I convinced her to go shopping with me for my Boston bedroom and just college stuff in general considering I'm so unorganised and have absolutely nothing I know I'll need.

No, we still haven't talked about the long distance thing. Yes, we probably should. But I'm scared to bring it up.

"Okay, so what are we getting?" Kate questions as we walk into target. "I have no clue. I figure we just walk around and if I see something I need, I'll get it," I shrug. "You don't have a list?" She chuckles. "Nope," I say. "Oh great, this will be fun," she smiles.

Her hand slips into mine as we make our way through the store. As we walked past the baby section, I notice Kate's eyes linger. Obviously I know kids aren't for everyone, understandably, and not that I've given it too much thought but I think I will want to have kids eventually.
It's not something we can talk about at this point in our relationship without it being weird, but seeing her smile as we walk past twins that are no more than six months old in their stroller, it gives me a sense of comfort that we might just want the same things...when we're much older.

After walking around for no more than twenty minutes, we got nowhere and were hungry so we sat down at Starbucks to eat and put together a list on my notes app.

"Y/N/N?" Kate sighs. "Yeah?"
"What are we going to do about this long distance thing?" She asks hesitantly.

"Well, I'm going to come home every other weekend maybe more, but I don't think I'll have the time," I inform her. She nods, "okay. I know that you're sharing a place with Amelia, but maybe on the weekends you're not here I can come see you?" She offers hopefully.

I smile, "I'd really like that."

She smiles and leans across the table, quickly pecking my lips.

"Okay, should we start on the list?" I say to which she nods.

•••

Two dreadful hours later, we'd finally gotten everything I needed and went back home.
Kate helped me bring everything inside to my bedroom considering both mom and Maria were out, and once we were done we decided to sit on my bed and watch a movie.

I cuddle up to her, resting my head on her chest. At some point I must've fallen asleep because when I opened my eyes again and it was beginning to get dark out.

"Hi sleepyhead," Kate smiles before pressing her lips against my forehead. "Hi," I smile tiredly, stretching my arms out. "Sorry for falling asleep," I apologise. "No, don't be sorry," she assures me.

I reach for my phone to see a couple missed calls and a text from mom.
"Going out for dinner with 'Ria. Be home sometime after 10," it read.

I reply back with a simple "okay," before turning my attention back to Kate.

"Do you wanna cook dinner with me?" I question with a small smile. "Sure."
"Yay," I say excitedly to which she giggles.

I drag myself out of bed and make my way into the kitchen, Kate following behind. "What are we making?" She asks. "Do you want some pasta?" I suggest. "Pasta sounds good," she nods. "Great, 'cause that's about all I know how to cook," I giggle.

I reach up to grab a pot and fill it up with water whilst Kate took out the pasta.

As we waited for the water to boil, I sat up on the counter and Kate stood between my legs whilst we had a conversation. Although, if I'm being completely honest I couldn't really pay attention to what she was saying...

Once our dinner was ready, I took out the wine and poured each of us a glass before we sat down opposite each other at the table and ate.

"You have pasta sauce on your nose," Kate giggles, reaching across the table and wiping it off with her thumb. "Thanks," I mumble sheepishly. My face feeling red hot.

After dinner we went back into my bedroom and turned on the sequel to the first movie we were watching. The volume had been turned down quite low and at least half of the movie was spent talking to one another.

"I have a question," she admits. "Mhm?" I hum. Her fingers running through my hair as I'm sat between her legs. "Do you um...do you want to be my girlfriend?"

A huge smile curls up on my lips as I sit myself up and turn to look at her. "Really?" I ask. "Yeah, well I mean I know we've only been dating for a few weeks and I did have this whole thing planned out for how I was going to ask you but I didn't want to wait anymore," she admits.

I nod excitedly and press my lips against hers. "Yes, I will be your girlfriend."

She smiles and lets out a sigh of relief before kissing me again.

I giggle as I rest my forehead against hers, adjusting my legs to straddle her waist. Every single time Kate's lips are on mine I get that giddy feeling in my stomach. I feel like I'm floating on air. But this time there's something more.

Her gaze meets mine as we both smile lightly before her lips are pressed against jaw, slowly moving down to my neck.
My heart is beating out of my chest, my whole body feeling like it's a hundred degrees.

"Do you want to keep going?"

___________
🫣
hi!! how are you?

I realised today that I've actually completely forgotten about my 'Valencia' book...I'm not sure I'm actually going to finish it aha, the writing is so lazy and it's just awful :/

I'm thinking I might unpublish it and re-write some time if I can be bothered, but I'm too sure yet 🤷🏻‍♀️