chapter twenty-seven

Y/N:
I held Otis in my arms as I walked outside to say bye to Mom and Maria. In a way, part of me is actually looking forward to having the house to myself for the weekend. I'll probably be bored in less than twenty-four hours but still.

I know there's a lot of things I need to get done such as, finding an apartment in Boston, finding a job in Boston...okay so that's only like two things but they'll take a while to do. Oh, I also have therapy tomorrow morning which I'm actually kind of looking forward to.

"You can call us if you need anything and if it's urgent, call Yelena and she'll come over," Mom tells me. Her hands are placed on my shoulders as she speaks, making sure I'm paying attention. "I will, but I'll be fine. I'm not a child anymore," I giggle. "Shh, you'll always be my baby," she jokes, carefully pulling me into a hug, wary not to squish Otis. "I love you mama," I say. "I love you too, sweetheart," she kisses my head before letting go.

"See ya hon," Maria comes over to me. "Bye," I smile gently before giving her a hug. "I love you."
"I love you too," she smiles, kissing my forehead.

Mom gives me one more kiss on the cheek before they both get into the car. I wave and make my way inside, making sure the door is locked behind me. I put Otis down and go into my bathroom to take a shower and go to bed. It's already nearly nine pm so I just want to watch a movie on my laptop and sleep.

the next day

I have my therapy appointment at ten this morning, so I got up at eight to make sure I had plenty of time to get ready. I've never been to therapy before, so I'm a little bit nervous but truthfully, I know it's going to help me and I kinda desperately need it.

I messaged Mom and Maria to say 'good morning' before I got out of bed. They haven't replied yet, but they're probably still asleep because they didn't get to Vermont until after midnight.

Usually in the morning I'll have a double shot of coffee, but I decided on only having one because I'm already feeling a bit anxious.

Whilst I sat down and had my coffee, Kate messaged me to say 'morning'. She's been doing this a lot lately and it makes me smile stupidly every time.
I messaged a 'good morning' back, before getting up to get changed.

On the drive to therapy, Mom called me whilst Maria was apparently still sleeping and we talked the whole way there which definitely helped take my mind of how anxious I'm feeling.

~

It wasn't as bad as I thought. I still cried, a lot. But I feel better for going.

I know that I always have my Mom to talk to, but sometimes I don't want to just because I feel like I'm burdening her and I don't want to do that. Even if she assures me that I'm not.

I'm tired now from all the crying, so probably not to anybody's surprise, I stopped for another coffee on the way home.

The rest of my day was spent on FaceTime to Amelia as we talked and searched for apartment's in Boston. We're still not sure that we'll move in together but we're looking anyway. She's already talked to her boyfriend about it and he said it was fine.

I did end up asking Peter and Ned what they were going to do and they said they've already found a place and it's only got two bedrooms, otherwise I would've probably moved in with them. But then again, it would kind of be awkward if the three of us lived together and just left MJ out. That's not fair on her.

By the time it was ten p.m, I was already in bed watching Tangled with a cup of tea. A few more hours past though and I couldn't get to sleep. I don't know why, it's not even that I'm thinking about anything, I just can not fall asleep for the life of me.

For some reason, I decided it would be a good idea to call Kate. At one o'clock in the morning.

Obviously I wasn't expecting her to answer because it took me a few times of her saying my name on the other side of the phone to realise I wasn't delusional, and she actually picked up.

"H-hey. Sorry, did I wake you?" I question. "Nope, I haven't fallen asleep yet," she answers. She sounds tired, her voice is croaky. "Are you okay though?"
"Yeah, I just couldn't sleep and wanted to call you," I admit. She hummed.

There were a few moments of silence.

"I have an idea," she informs me. "Which is?"
"I'm not telling you. Don't fall asleep though, I'll be over in twenty minutes."

"Kate, what are you planning?" I giggle, slightly excited. "It's a surprise. But make sure you're dressed in something comfy, but also not something you'll be embarrassed to be wearing in public...also make me coffee," she orders. I can hear her rummaging around in the background.

"You're lucky I trust you," I laugh as I get out of bed to put on a tracksuit. She laughs too. "Okay, be ready in twenty. I'll see you soon," she says. "Okay, I will be."

I don't know if it's the fact that I'm running on adrenaline, or that I'm way past over tired, or the fact that I'm seeing Kate, but whatever it is I can't help that feeling of excitement rushing through my veins right now. I'm pretty sure my smile doesn't fade the whole twenty minutes I wait for Kate to get here.

"Your coffee," I smile, passing her the reusable cup as I open the door. "You're a lifesaver," she laughs. I reach for my keys and phone before I step outside, locking the front door behind me.

"So, where are we going?"  I ask, getting into the passenger seat. "To watch the sunrise. I know a cool place but it's a couple hours away," she says, turning the engine back on.

"Kate, the sun doesn't rise until five am. It's one-thirty."

"Yes, but in two hours it will be three-thirty and then we can just...idk like talk for a bit, or have a nap. I brought a few pillows and a blanket so we can fold the back chairs down open the door of the boot and, I also have snacks so if we get bored of each other we can just eat," she explains.

That damn, giddy feeling is back in my stomach again.

"Thank you Kate. This is really nice of you," I smile widely. "Yeah well, I like your company."

__________
A/N: helloooo!
anything in particular you want to happen with Kate and Y/N?? let me know

I hope you have a lovely day/night <3