chapter twenty-four

Natasha:
Y/N's face is blotchy from crying, her breathing is rapid and she's curled up on the floor, her back against the wall.

"Sweetheart, you're safe now. I'm here," I speak softly, crouching down in front of her. "I didn't do anything. Please don't hurt me," She sobs.

I turn my head back to Amelia and ask if we can be alone for a few minutes. She understands and sends me a small smile before leaving.

"Baby, it's just mama. You're not there anymore. You're safe," I assure her. Her face softens at this and she looks up at me. "Can I hold you?" I ask softly to which she nods.

I sit myself down next to her and wrap one arm around her back, the other holding her hand. "Why do bad things keep happening?" She cries. "I don't know, detka," I sigh, placing a kiss on her head. "I just want everything to stop."
I take a deep breath; "I know. I'm sorry."

Y/N rested her head on my shoulder as she cried silently, staring at the wall in front of her. "Do you want to go home?" I question. "Has he left?" She asks anxiously. "I think so. Do you want me to double check?"
"Yes please," She mumbles. "Okay, I'll be right back," I say, standing up from the floor and walking out.

Once I'm sure he's gone, I go back to Y/N and help her off the ground. She picks up her bag we walk out. She speaks to her manager to get the all clear to go home considering her shift wasn't meant to end for another hour, thankfully he understands.

The car ride home is pretty quiet. A few sniffles coming from Y/N every now and then.

When we get home and inside, Otis comes running up to Y/N which makes her smile slightly as she picks him up.

"Can I do anything, sweetheart?" I offer. My heart hurts for her. She doesn't deserve this.

She shakes her head. "I think I'm just to have a shower," She says. "Okay," I nod.

Y/N puts Otis down and goes into her bedroom. I feel helpless. I don't know what I can do. I just wish I could take away all her pain and she'd never have to go through any of it again. The last month and a bit she has been through so much and as strong as I know she is and as much as I know she'll get through it, I'm so so worried about her.

I feel myself start to cry.

As I wipe my tears I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I take it out to see Maria calling.

"Hey 'Ria," I answer. "Hey my love. Are you okay? You sound upset," She questions. "Yeah I'm okay, I'm just worried about Y/N."
"Did something else happen?" She asks, worried. "She saw her stepfather. He came into her work," I explain. "Oh god. How's she doing? Does she need me to come home? Do you need me to come home?" She offers.

"She's really shaken up. She's barely said two words." I feel myself start to cry again and Maria takes a deep breath on the other end of the call.

"Tasha, I'll be home around lunch time. Do you want me to bring anything?" She says. "You don't have to leave early 'Ria," I tell her. "I know I don't have to."
"Are you sure?"
"I'm sure. Message me if I can bring home anything, I'll see you in a few hours."
"Okay, I will. Bye 'Ria."
"Bye Tasha."

I hung up the phone and sat myself down on the couch. Otis jumped up onto my lap and started licking my tears away. I don't know how to help Y/N anymore, and that makes me feel like the worst mother in the world. I know I can be there for her and hold her whenever she needs, but I don't know how to help.

When Y/N got out of the shower, she came out into the living room in a tracksuit and curled up next to me on the couch. "Can you braid my hair?" She questions quietly. "Sure," I smile lightly, adjusting myself into a position that I can do her hair in.

"Honey, can I ask you something?" I ask hesitantly. Y/N nods. "Do you want to see someone, like a therapist or a counsellor?" I offer. "I do...it's just so expensive," She shrugs. "That doesn't matter sweetheart, you know that," I assure her gently. "Are you sure?"
"I'm sure."

"Thank you," She mumbles. "You don't have to thank me Y/N, I'm your mother and you are the most important thing in the world to me. This is the least I can do," I say, tying the hair tie at the end of her braid and kissing the back of her head. "I love you," She says, adjusting herself to rest her head on my lap. "I love you too."

When Maria got home, she bought the two of us a coffee and joined us on the couch whilst we continued to watch Friends.

We stayed like the for most of the afternoon, neither Maria or I wanting to leave Y/N's side.

___________
A/N: okay, so I think I've decided that updates are gonna only be a few times a week from now on - I've had a lot happen in the last few weeks so my mind is very preoccupied, but I still want to post as regularly as I can because I enjoy it and honestly it gives me a distraction from life aha :)

anyways, I hope you all have a great day/night x