Chapter 8

After Raizo showcased his techniques to the boys, regaining their amazement, Robin finished deciphering the Poneglyph.

Duke Dogstorm, informed us that the Poneglyph is one of four that pinpoints where the last Island, Laugh Tale, is... where the One Piece lies.

The first step to finding out everything was right in front of us. All that's left now is to find the other 3 Poneglyphs, and wouldn't you know, two of them are under Big Mom and Kaido's possession... the very Emperor's we are going up against.

Everyone's goals are now in reach... it feels like a dream.

Despite the revelation, I am excited. If we are able to succeed in getting our hands on the transcript of the Poneglyphs, we'll have three of the four in our possession. Only problem is that Robin is a target for every pirate wishing to reach the final Island. From here on out, we can't afford to mess up.

Kin'emon and the others began to tell us why they've been on the run and their hatred for Kaido... who killed the previous Shogun of Wano, and Momonouske's father, Kozuki Oden. Turns out, he sailed with Gold Roger and has been to Laugh Tale.

To achieve all of our goals, the alliance between the samurai, Minks, and pirates were made.

———

"We'll get Sanji back before you know it! See you guys when we get to Wano." Luffy exclaimed, smiling at the others.

"Right."

"Be careful around Big Mom, there's a good reason she's an Emperor!"

The others responded, waving us off as they weren't affected by what Luffy had just done, while the Minks were speechless.

"Okay, catch you later!" Luffy responded as gravity caught up to us as we began plummeting down towards the ocean.

"AHHHHHH!" Every single of us screamed, Brook's soul literally leaving his body.

"WHY WOULD YOU JUMP?!" I shrieked as my heart plummeted along with me. "I gonna die..." I whispered out shakily as I squeezed my eyes shut, waiting for the landing.

The others continued to scream out while Luffy laughed, enjoying it. As we got close to landing, I felt Luffy inflate himself, cushioning the landing.

I shakily stood up, wobbling as I glanced at my surroundings. "A-Are we alive...?" I pat my body, calming my heart down as I see that we landed on the deck of the Sunny.

"I thought I was gonna die..." I turned my head seeing Nami and her hands and knees with her head hung low, Chopper beside her petrified stiff.

"Ah- Me too... Although I'm already dead..." Brook rasped out, laying on the deck as his soul still floated out of him.

I saw Pedro and Pekoms were speechless as they tried to comprehend what just transpired. I heard chuckling and looked over to see Luffy standing with his hands resting on his hips, with a closed eyed smile. "That was fun!"

I bowed my head, walking over to him with my eyes shadowed from my hair. He raised an eyebrow in confusion as I approached, placing my hands on his shoulders. "Luffy... WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING WE COULD'VE DIED?!" I screamed, snapping my head up, locking my gaze with his, shaking him back and forth.

He let out a chuckle, "What's the big deal, we're alive right?" His question threw me off, causing me to halt my movements. Noticing that I stopped shaking him, he ran to the front of the Sunny, a hand on his hat. "Come on Nami, let's go get Sanji back!"

"I- I-..." I tried to bring my attention back as my mind went blank. I let out a sigh of defeat, "I give up..." I whined, dropping my arms that were still held up from shaking him back and forth, to my sides.

Nami let out a groan from where she layed on the deck. "Alright, alright, just give me a second would you?"

Exhausted, I dropped to the ground, sprawling my arms and legs out onto the grassy deck and closed my eyes. Nami began to direct Chopper which way to steer the ship.

"Kay... So this way...?" Chopper barely got out, turning to look at Nami with half-lidded eyes.

"Nooo..." Nami groaned out, pointing her finger in the opposite direction of where Chopper steered us. "Chopper... that way..."

"PULL IT TOGETHER!" I turned my head to where Luffy was stomping about, fussing as he waved his arms about. "COME ON EVERYONE, OR DO YOU WANNA SINK?!"

Nami sat up, glaring at the man. "SHUT UP LUFFY! That big plunge from the elephant wore us out... NOW WE'RE ALL SUFFERING FROM TRAUMA!"

"Luffy... next time, let's not plummet from high places, okay?" I whined out, opening one eye.

"You have my gratitude. Having nearly lost my life, you taught me to savor what I've got." Pekoms spoke up, turning to glance at Luffy. "On the flip side... I'll murder you."

"That jump cost my heart to skip a beat..." Brook's soul spoke out. "Oh right- silly me, I don't have a heart..." Brook said before letting out a struggle laugh.

I heard Nami grumble something about we swerved off course before a door flew open. "Leave it to me!"

"Look at her." Luffy said, pointing his thumb behind him. "She's perfectly fine, so you all-" He stopped what he was saying, a confused and surprised look on his face.

I lifted myself up to rest on my elbows, raising an eyebrow. "Uhhhh... where did she come from?"

"Ah-... What are you doing on the ship?!" Luffy exclaimed, eyes bugging out of his head. There stood Carrot, glancing out at the vast seas, and not supposed to be on the ship.

We all suddenly had energy as we were surprised by her sudden appearance. She didn't take off with us when Luffy pulled his... stunt.

"Carrot?" Pedro questioned, approaching the girl. "But why?"

She glanced up at him, in confusion before answering his question. "I decided to tag along, Garachu!" She began jumping on everyone, biting their ear.

"I'm sorry... but we must take you gara back." Pedro announced, as Carrot stopped her movements, tearing up and clinging onto him.

Pedro began lecturing the girl as she begged to come along. She attempted to persuade Pedro, showing that she brought stuff for the journey that consisted of a bag of lunch, canister of juice, a carrot, and a shirt.

I got up standing beside the others as I stifled a laugh. "She does know that all that won't last long, right?"

"How long... will your rations last you?" Pekoms grunted out as he slid across the ground towards us.

"I'd say a good half day!" She replied without missing a beat. "The sea is pretty big, isn't it?"

Oh you poor child... I sympathized with the girl before speaking up. "Uh- Carrot? It will take us about a few days to arrive..."

She blinked a couple of times, processing what I told her, before jumping back and letting out a gasp of shock. "UAHH! Utea mean it takes several days to reach the island?!" I nodded my head, "Even going straight there, how can anything be so enormous?!"

We all glanced at each other, not sure what to do now. Carrot did a complete 180 as she approached the railings, glancing out into the ocean once more with stars in her eyes. "The ocean truly is a wonderland.~" She clasped her hands together in front of her, "This will be my first sleepover."

Well this will be an interesting voyage. I chuckled, ignoring Carrot as she attacked Luffy for eating her food, and looked out to the sea. It won't be long now Sanji, we are coming to bring you back.

———

Published: 07/03/2022
Updated: 02/17/2024