Chapter 9

"Man... I'm hungry, it's chow time. Somebody, go make us some grub!" Luffy exclaimed from his spot on the ground.

We all looked at each other, wondering who was going to cook. Without Sanji here, who's going to cook for us? We were lucky enough to have enough food from the feast we had on Bartolomeo's ship before leaving Dressrosa to not worry about cooking.

Grrrrr~

No one spoke up as Luffy groaned, sticking his tongue out, as his stomach growled.

"You're all useless, guess this is up to me then... clCan you keep an eye on the water for me?" Nami sighed out as she asked everyone.

"Uh... yes ma'am!" Book and Chopper replied in sync.

She glanced at all of us before making her way to the stairs. "It's 5 berries per head." She stated, holding a hand up.

"Your kidding!?" I exclaimed as the others began frantically waving their arms out at Nami.

She stopped after taking a few steps up, not looking back. "That's all- our money!" They exclaimed at her, bearing their teeth.

"You want to eat, right?" Nami asked blankly.

"Well yeah, but..." I trailed off looking over at her, "If we don't eat we will surely starve to death."

There was a moment of silence before Luffy spoke up. "Fine then, I'll cook." Wha-?! All of us turned our heads in Luffy's direction as he walked off, shocked. "You can leave it to me, I got this, just watch!"

I blinked as he made his way to the kitchen. "I didn't know Luffy could cook..."

"Oh dear..." Brook gasped out, reaching his arms out in the direction Luffy went.

I turned my head towards him, tilting my head. "What's wrong Brook?"

"Luffy... can't cook." Chopper replied not tearing his eyes away from the kitchen doors. "One time, he blew up the kitchen trying to cook."

"You can't be serious...?" I widened my eyes, snapping my head back in the direction Luffy went, seeing he already made it to the kitchen.

"Please reconsider!" Brook exclaimed, chasing after Luffy, me following him.

"Food, food, food.~" Luffy chanted.

"Let's not be rash." Brook tried to persuade him.

"Luffy, can you even use the stove?!" Nami asked, not bothering to follow.

We walked in the kitchen right as Luffy grabbed a chef's hat, placing it over his hat on his head. "Now, what should I make for us today?" He went to the fridge, opening it and looking inside. "Whoa, we sure got a lot of food, huh?"

I went to the table and sat in one of the chairs, as Brook took Carrot on a tour of the ship, resting my head in one of my hands. "Are you sure you know what you're doing, Luffy?"

He set a bunch of food of different varieties onto the counter. "Of course I do, Shishishi!"

"What do you know about cooking?" I raised an eyebrow at him, curious.

"You hunt and kill it then eat it, duh." He grinned, drooling at the thought of food.

I let out a sigh at his answer. "What'd you do, grow up in a forest or something?" I rhetorically asked, closing my eyes slightly. By the sounds of it, he's never cooked before.

I heard him chuckle. "Yeah, sure did. Ace, Sabo, and I always went hunting together when we were younger." He started to do something with all the food on the counter he brought out.

By Your SideOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara