Chapter 23

In the midst of Big Mom's attention, along with everyone else's, was focused on Jimbei, we failed to notice Brook had destroyed the photo.

Problem was... she wasn't shrieking like we had planned. And one of Big Mom's sons, Perospero, had entrapped the Vinsmoke Family in some kind of hard candy.

This was a problem.

The plan we spent hours forming to the very last detail, wasn't going well. "Big Mom's had too many shocks in quick succession, so she doesn't know how to focus her anger." I turned my head to look at Brook, who head was unattached from his body. "Let's show her the broken portrait again!"

The broken portrait again, huh...? I thought it over, swiping my eyes down to the table beside me at shards that lied there, before looking at Big Mom's shocked state. It just might work...

Since I was considered a 'guest' at this stupid wedding, no one seems to be coming to attack me. I swiped my eyes across the area, seeing them taking down the fakes, surrounding the Vinsmoke Family, or were fighting with Jimbei and Luffy.

Seems none of them will go against Big Mom's orders.

...

After the meeting with Bege and his men, Sanji left to return to the castle to prepare for his wedding in a couple of hours.

"We should rest up as much as we can, who knows what's going to happen later..." Nami sighed out, dreading the upcoming battle that will certainly happen. "Who would've thought we'd be going up against an Emperor this soon?"

I stifled a laugh, smiling at her. "Well it was either going to happen now or sometime soon, we've been on Big Mom's radar thanks to Luffy's little stunt back on Fishman Island, remember?"

She let out a loud groan, dragging a hand down her face. "Don't remind me." She wines out.

I chuckled, deciding to not say anything more on the subject as I stood up and made my way to the door.

"(Y/N)? Where are you going?" I glanced over my shoulder at Chopper, who was staring in my direction, tilting his head.

"I uh-..." I panicked internally, now having everyone's attention on me. "I'm going to see if I can possibly sneak in the wedding as a guest, get close to Big Mom..." I lied, well technically it's not a lie, I will be there, but only because Big Mom wants to keep close tabs on me.

"You can't be serious!? If you get caught, you could be killed!" Jimbei exclaimed, expressing how dangerous my 'plan' was.

"I'll be fine, besides, there's something I've been told that is still troubling me... remember what I told you earlier, Luffy?" I trailed off, hoping he'd get what I was talking about.

Luffy stood there with an blank face for a few moments, none of us being able to tell what he was thinking. "Even so, the fact is that-"

"You sure you're going to be okay on your own?" Jimbei was cut off by Luffy speaking up. I diverted my eyes over to Luffy, seeing the serious expression on his face.

I gave him a small smile, nodding my head slightly. "I will, I promise." I replied as I walked out the door before anyone else could try to stop me.

When I made it back, I was immediately brought into a room, to Big Mom. (Y/N), there's something I forgot to mention earlier when we spoke."

I rose an eyebrow, but didn't respond. Seeing I wasn't going to reply, she continued. "Since you are my daughter, you understand that you won't be leaving, right? That collar around your neck should be proof enough."

I bowed my head, locking my eyes to the ground. 'That's what she thinks, the moment this wedding gets crashed, under all the commotion, I will find a way to take this damn collar off.'

"Which brings me to my next point. You will be at my side at all times during this wedding..." She held a hand up, holding a trigger in between her fingers. "Disappear at any point and- well, I'm sure you get the point."

I slumped my shoulders down, whispering. "I understand..."
...

If I show her that picture, she'll be so shocked, I can run off and find a way to get this off... I nodded my head, determinedly. Alright, let's do it!

Right as I was about to grab hold of the photo, I saw Luffy's outstretched hands grab the pieces, snapping back to his body as he ran after Big Mom.

Knowing what he planned to do, I smirked, before running towards the doors leading into the building. Now to find a way to get rid of this collar.

As I ran down a hall, I slowed my pace to a stop. "My best bet is to look for a key. Now, if I were keeping a key, where would I hide it...?" I asked myself, tapping my chin as I looked at the hall that was riddled with doors.

If I had to guess... I'd say in Big Mom's room. Only problem is, I don't know where that is. I let out a frustrated groan as I realized my only option was to look in all the doors.

As I went to go take a step, I was thrown to the side, leaning against the wall for support as everything shook. I was wondering what the cause was, when I was able to heard a scream that stretched on and on, non stop.

I clasped my hands over my ears at the volume of the scream. This must be the scream Bege told all of us earlier. I squinted one of my eyes as I removed a hand and reached in my pocket to grab the ear plugs, placing them in my ears.

I let out a relieved sigh as the ear plugs blocked out some of the noise, but not all. Man, Big Mom has a set of lungs on her... I thought to myself as I continued my mission, careful to keep my balance. I mean, she's still going!

After a moment, the screaming came to a stop, a dead silence erupted. "I WON'T FORGIVE THEM!!" The anger in Big Mom's voice sent chills down my spine.

I began to worry about everyone and about the mission. Unfortunately, I can't turn back now, if I did, I might ever find another opportunity to slip out from Big Mom's radar.

Please, everyone... be safe.

———
Published: 09/08/2022