Chapter 17

When we went through the mirror, we appeared in a room, with a table full of sweets. "Is that you Brûlée?" A voice asked, trailing through the room.

"Yes mama, and I brought the girl like you asked me too." Brûlée replied, smirking as she turned around to face where the voice came from.

There, in all her glory, was Big Mom... one of the Emperor's of the Sea.

That wasn't what surprised me. What surprised me was all the sweets dancing around and singing. Uh... okay. I glanced from the sweets to Big Mom, taking in her appearance.

And boy, did she live up to her name...

"Oh good job Brûlée, I knew I picked the right person for the job. Tell me, how is Cracker doing?" Big Mom asked, smirking down at the two of us. I can feel my neck breaking just having to look up at her.

"It's going according to plan. He, along with the Seducing Forest, are keeping Straw Hat Luffy at bay along with one of their crew mates. Plus I caught two others and trapped them in my mirror world. "Brûlée explained as I could hear the pleased sound in her voice.

"Good, we don't want him ruining the wedding I have planned for my daughter and Vinsmoke's son, Mamamama!" Big Mom laughed.

I felt the color drain from my face as she laughed. She knew we were here the whole time. Does she know about Pedro and Brook?! I began to worry as the two had set off on their own to steal a copy of the Poneglyph for Robin.

"What's the matter my child, you look pale?" Big Mom taunted, faking her worry with a mischievous grin on her face.

I snapped out of it, shaking my head before sending a glare in her direction. "When?"

"When?" She raised an eyebrow at me. "When what?"

"When did you find out we were here?" I asked, locking my gaze with hers. We were tricked from the moment we stepped foot on this island... it couldn't have been Pudding, could it?

I began to question everything since we entered her territory, including when we met Pudding in Chocolate Town, plus we still don't know what happened to Pekoms.

"I've known all along that you guys would show up, in fact, I was counting on it." Big Mom replied, a crazed look in her eye.

"Counting on it...?" I was now confused. Why? I remember hearing about Luffy picking a fight with her when we were on Fishman Island. It couldn't be because of that, could it? "What for?"

"To speak with you, of course." She simply stated, grabbing a handful of sweets and eating it.

I felt Brûlée release her grip on me, and sat down in a nearby chair, confusing me even more. Why are they not restraining me? I couldn't help but wonder, even though I knew that if I tried to escape, I couldn't.

"Ever since your debut in the war of the best two years ago, I've been intrigued by your abilities." Big Mom began to explain.

"Well you aren't the only one apparently..." I grumbled to myself more so than her as I thought of all the trouble I've had since then.

"I can't wrap my head around it. You are able to bring people back while they are on the brink of death, is that correct?" She asked me, eating more sweets.

I let out a sigh, nodding my head. It's not like no one knows already. "Yeah it is."

"How is that? I've never heard of a devil fruit possessing such an ability as that before." She pushed, leaning forward slightly, giving me a look that tells me to answer her question.