Chapter 15

After nearly getting eaten by a crocodile, who ate the donut bridge, Nami and I thought it was best to head back to the ship for now.

"Wha-?" Nami gasped out, staring behind Chopper and Carrot.

We all glanced in the direction she was looking, only to see another Luffy standing there, both of them gasping at the same time. "Why is there... another Luffy?!"

"WHO THE HECK ARE YOU?!" The uh- Luffy's exclaimed, marching toward one another, slamming their heads together. "What do you mean 'who am I?' I'm Luffy, you big creep!"

The Luffy's brought their heads back, slamming their foreheads together again. "What kind of trick is this, what do ya want?!"

I was utterly baffled as I watched the two stumble away from each other, stretching their cheeks out. "How about this, huh?" There's no way to tell them apart... how is the fake able to stretch? "You stop making fun of me, I'll kick your ass!"

"Hey! Who are you?!" Nami shouted out to the fake Luffy.

"Nami asked you a question, now you better answer her!" The two shouted.

"This is going nowhere..." I sighed, placing a hand on my forehead.

"It's Sanji!" Carrot shouted, causing us to divert our attention to a tree Carrot was looking at. "He's right over there!" She pointed at the tree branch. "Look! Up in the tree..."

And there he was, lying on his side on a branch, eating a lollipop. "Hey! Sanji- ugh!" Luffy shouted as he bumped into his double as he tried walking forward, falling to the ground. "Move it! I hate you!"

"What're you doing up there? Say something!" Nami shouted up to Sanji.

He simply ignored everyone and stood up, jumping away. This doesn't feel right to me still. If that were Sanji, why is he not talking to us? Normally he'd be spinning around shouting Nami and I's name by now.

As I was thinking, Chopper, Carrot, and Nami began chasing after Sanji while Luffy fought his double.

As they fought, I placed a hand on my chin. "Is there an enemy nearby doing this? If so, where are they?" If their goal was to delay us or prevent us from going further into the island, why only stop Luffy?

"Outta my way, bastard!" They shouted, colliding fists before backing away, breathing heavily. "Third gear!" They bit onto their thumb, stretching the other arm out. "Now Gum-Gum... Giant Pistol!" Their arms inflated, bringing it back toward each other where they collided once more.

If this fake is mirroring his movements... "I wonder-"

"Luffy, (Y/N)!"

"We're leaving! Let's go!" Nami shouted as she, Chopper, and Carrot were running back toward us in a hastily manner.

The two Luffy's turned their heads in their direction. "Oh, hey. You're back already?"

"It's complicated. Just get moving!" Nami shouted as they passed us, not stopping. "We're in danger, this place is full of traps! We gotta get back to the Sunny!"

"Got it!" Luffy shouted, running after them. I was about to follow, when I noticed the fake wasn't following, but running in the opposite direction. I knew it.

"Hurry up, (Y/N)!" I heard Nami shout at me. I shook my head, not having to worry about the double anymore and followed after the others. "There's a weird rabbit trying to kill us!"

We made it to the donut bridge and were planning to jump to the other side. As we jumped, Luffy said something before covering his mouth.

"Did you say something Luffy?" Nami asked.