Chapter 26

A/N: Sorry for not updating sooner, been caught up in some stories I've been reading and procrastinated on updating, wanting to finish reading them!😭
————

I've been waiting anxiously, palms sweating slightly for the moment the army I blended in to will head out to fight my friends. I think what's making my worries worsen, is the fact of I have no clue what is going on with them.

I scanned my eyes at the mirrors around us, wondering which one leads to the Sunny, remembering Katakuri had went after it.

Maybe I should head for the Sunny... I glanced over the various soldiers that surround me. It would be easy to take them out if need be, the only problem is Brûlée. This is her world, after all, she'd have no problem in stopping me from reaching the mirror to the Sunny.

Luckily she went with Katakuri, meaning she was no where to be found. I raised the sword in my hand up slightly, glancing down at the blade as it reflected my reflection, debating on what my next move should be.

"That's Straw Hat!"

"Run!"

I snapped my head up, quickly turning to look behind me at where the voices came from. When I did, I saw Luffy flying in from one of the mirrors with Katauri and Brûlée in his grasp.

As they landed there was a shift in the air as the tension sunk in, no one dared move. "You succeeded..." Katakuri spoke up, glaring at Luffy with a hard gaze.

"Here, I can pummel you as much as I want!" Luffy exclaimed, but what he did next surprised me. He swiftly swung his fist back behind him, shattering the mirror he just came from.

"The path to the ship!"

"He cut it off himself!"

What?! My eyes widened. You mean to tell me that mirror was to the Sunny the whole time?! I was mad at myself for never noticing it before until what the men around me said sunk in. That was our only escape route and Luffy broke it... how does he plan to get back to everyone now?

I be out my gaze to land on Luffy's face, seeing how serious he was. He's not thinking about escaping. Then it dawned on me, if that was the only mirror to the Sunny, then that means everyone here won't be able to attack.

"So that's a captain's determination..." Katakuri stated as he stood up, the two staring each other down. "But you're no match for me. This place will be your graveyard."

"I'll go back to the Sunny! After I take you down!" Luffy responded with determination.

"What an idiot! I can't believe he broke the mirror himself! Are you trying to sacrifice yourself and let your friends escape?!"

I sent a glare at the back of the guys head. But immediately snapped my attention back to Luffy, eyes softening up in worry, hoping that wasn't true. Though it's reckless, Luffy would do it in a heartbeat if it meant everyone could escape.

The men around us began spouting off about how Luffy was all talk and how he couldn't beat Katakuri. Katakuri held a hand out, stopping the chatter immediately. "You're dangerous, Straw Hat Luffy... Even though it was reckless, there aren't many people who have caused this much damage on the Big Mom Pirates. If I let you get away, you'll be a bigger threat to Mama. But in terms of ability, you're on a way lower level than me... I've got to take care of you now."

With that, Luffy lunged forward to make the first move. Coating his fist in Haki, he went in for a punch. I watched as Katakuri dodged each attack with little effort, only moving his head to the side each time. Seeing throwing punches wasn't going to work, Luffy jumped back before swinging his leg forward.

Katakuri simply leaned back, his feet still planted in the same spot before punching Luffy in the face, causing him to skid on the ground. "Is that all you've got?"

Luffy was quick to jump back on his feet, jumping back a couple feet, readying his fists. "Gum-Gum... Jet Pistol!" His fist stretched forward at a fast pace, colliding with Katakuri's halfway, whose arms stretched as well.

What the hell? He can stretch too?! Disbelief overtook my features as I stared at the scene in front of me. Luffy jumped into the air, reviving his arms back before the shot forward. "Jet Twin Pistols!"

His fists made contact with the ground right as Katakuri leapt back, the impact leaving a crater and causing several mirrors to shatter. Luffy didn't let up with the attack and kept going, causing Katakuri to keep jumping back until his back made contact with a mirror on the wall.

This went on, Luffy throwing attack after attack, while Katakuri dodged every single one effortlessly, even surprise attacks that should've landed a blow. It wasn't until Luffy used his Hawk Gatling, did I realize Kakaturi was able to match the attacks, simultaneously throwing punches back.

Something's not right... I get Katakuri is strong, especially considering how high his bounty is, but Luffy should've been able to land a blow by now. So how?

I couldn't wrap my head around it. I looked closer and noticed something was up with the punches Luffy was throwing at Katakuri. Seems Luffy noticed as well, it was like he had limbs growing out of his back, made out of a white substance and covered in Haki. Is that Mochi?

Luffy stopped his relentless attack, breathing heavily from all the punches he threw. Katakuri sent all the fists, landing a blow against Luffy, pushing him back into the wall behind him, the attacks not letting up.

I watched as the attacks never needed, the crater growing bigger and bigger as Luffy took hit after hit. I grimaced as the soldiers began to cheer. After a few more hits, Katakuri stopped his attacks, the arms pulling away as Luffy began to fall to the ground, before a fist punched him.

He crashed into the wall again, letting out a groan, before falling to the ground. "You're quite tough." Katakuri stated as Luffy attempted to push himself back onto his feet.

Not sure what else was said, but Luffy wasted not time in lunging forward, the two moved so fast, it was hard to keep up. The fight seems to be one sided as I continued to watch Luffy take blows, however his never landed on Katakuri.

I clenched my hands, glaring down at the ground. I can't just stand here and do nothing, but what can I do? There's no way I could help in fighting Katakuri, I know my strength and my limits.

I glanced at the sword in my hand once more, before looking at the men around us. Maybe... I discreetly began to back up to the very edge of the crowd that was so eagerly watching the battle before them.

Once I reached the back, I began to take the soldiers out one by one, knocking each one out as quietly as I could as to not alert the others. If I can take them out, then all that is left to warty about are Katakuri and Brûlée...-

I froze my movements, minding running ramped, frantically searching around as I remembered Luffy pulling Katakuri and Brûlée into the mirror world with him.

Where the hell is Brûlée?

———
Published: 09/24/2022