Chapter 47

3rd P.O.V

(Y/N) lead everyone to a field with various flowers, leading up to a hill. Up on the hill she could make out Luffy was sitting down. "As I thought..."

(Y/N) turned to Ace with a sad smile as he glanced up to the top of the hill. (Y/N) saw mixed emotions on his face as he stared ahead; more so, at his and Whitebeard's graves. She nudged Ace's arm, causing him to look at her. (Y/N) nodded my head towards where Luffy was. "Go on."

With a nod, Ace started to walk forward, everyone else following behind him. As they came up a few feet behind Luffy, (Y/N) held a finger to her lips with a wink, signaling them to keep quiet.

"I'm so close to achieving my goal... I visited Wano and took down Kaido and Big Mom and I've been labeled an emperor..." Luffy started talking, reminiscing on the battle.

(Y/N) quietly approached Luffy as he continued. "I met a little girl, Tama, and she told me how you were like a big brother to her and told her you'd come back. But you don't have to worry anymore, she's happy now..." (Y/N) could hear the happiness in Luffy's voice before it faded out. "I wish you were here... "

Hearing a sniffle come from Luffy, caused a pain in (Y/N)'s chest as she decided to intervene, placing a hand on Luffy's shoulder and crouching beside him. "Luffy... are you okay?"

Luffy glanced over at (Y/N), looking into her eyes as he wiped under his nose. "Yeah... I'll be fine, I just wish Ace was here..." He frowned, glancing back to Ace's grave.

(Y/N) looked over, seeing a create in front of it. On top of the crate, was an old newspaper from when the Straw Hat's returned after their two-year disappearance, and three cups with a bottle of sake, covered in moss from how long they've sat there. "Maybe I can help with that."

Luffy turned back to (Y/N), giving her a confused stare. "What do you mean?"

(Y/N) stood up and came around to stand in front of Luffy, grabbing his hands and pulling him to stand up. "You trust me right?" She asked, the same way she did back when they were escaping Big Mom's territory. Luffy nodded his head. "Aaannnnd you know I would do anything for you, right?"

"(Y/N)..." Luffy spoke softly, voice still raspy from his tears. "I trust you with my life, now what's going on?"

(Y/N) gave him a big smile, leaning in to whisper in his ear. "Turn around and you'll see."

(Y/N) moved away as Luffy turned around, seeing his crew standing there. "I don't get it, what's-"

"It's been a while, hasn't it, Luffy?"

Luffy stood there, speechless, as he stared at the person in front of him. There, stood Ace with a hand placed on his hip and a smirk on his face.

...

"That you Ace?"

"You haven't changed a bit, Luffy."

"It is you... really?!"

...

"Well, I guess giving you a chance to escape was pointless..."

"Hey, hiya Ace!"

"It's been a while, hasn't it?"

"You can say that."

...

"Luffy... hey, do yourself a favor and hang on to that."

"But it's just a scrap of paper..."

"That scrap of paper will reunite us someday."

"Yeah...?"

"You don't want it?"