Chapter 27

I continued to watch the fight, the two going back and forth and yet, Katakuri still remained uninvited. I tore my eyes away, looking off to the side to where Katakuri diverted his attention to, to where Brûlée was.

Luffy stood back up as Katakuri turned back around to face him. Luffy coated his fists in Haki once more and sent a barrage of attacks to the man.

"Brûlée, round up some of the soldiers and set fire to Straw Hat's Ship." Katakuri spoke up as Brûlée made her way to where he was standing.

"With pleasure!" She responded. I glared at the two, gripping the sword in my hand. Due to Luffy breaking the mirror when he arrived, I doubt they will find another mirror-

"Good news! We found a mirror that links to the ships locker, it's right here."

"There's more where that came from too!"

I whipped my head to whoever spoke up, seeing a man and woman with long necks, holding up a mirror. Glancing at the mirror, I could see the lockers reflecting out of it.

"A couple of flaming arrows straight through the mirror room should do the job. And while they're scrambling to deal with the fire, momma will smash those rats into itty bitty pieces!" Brûlée walked over to the two, reaching out to grab hold of the mirror, just as Luffy stretched his hand out.

The man holding the mirror, reacted in time and Luffy was unable to grab it. He began to run to them before being stopped by Katakuri. I watched as the two lit the tips of their arrows, aiming at the mirror that was now in brûlées hand.

Realizing there was no way to stay hidden among the enemy anymore, I raced toward the two, brought my leg up and kicked the woman's back, causing her to lose her grip on the arrow. The arrow hit the wall as she fell to the ground, however, the man's arrow hit its target.

"Damn it." I muttered, gritting my my teeth as I watched the fire begin to spread in the locker room.

"Hey! What the hell do you think your doing soldier?!" I turned my attention to brûlée and the man, who were glaring at me.

"I was planning on infiltrating under your noses and take you guys out slowly one by one..." I trailed off, pondering on what my next move should be. "But, I can't just sit back and let you destroy the Sunny."

"Wait a minute- now that I look closer..." brûlée mumbled, before her eyes widened. "Restrain her, now!" Brûlée ordered, pointing a finger at me.

I watched as two soldiers began to run at me, causing me to deflect their attacks. After taking them down, I was faced with more heading in my direction.

As I kept attacking the soldiers who kept running at me, the woman stood back up, the two aiming two more flaming arrows at the mirror. I looked at the mirror, seeing Brook and Chopper attempting to let out the fire, their backs turned to the mirror.

"No, stop!" I shouted, attempting to run and stop them from firing. Distracted, one of the soldiers managed to land a blow, punching the side of my face, causing me to look away from the mirror. "Damn you, can't you see I'm trying to do something here?" I snapped my head to glare at the one who hit me, reeling my arm back and punching them back.

"We're going to storm the ship. Is everyone ready?" Brûlée announced, looking at everyone as they cheered.

I turned my attention back to the soldiers, fighting desperately in order to stop them from going in the mirror.

"Oopsie daisy! Well, shoot. Guess we're not invading after all. The plans a wash, you guys. The ship sank." Looks like you'll have to burn down something else."

I stopped my movements after hearing what brûlée said. The ship sank? How? One minute they were about to enter the mirror, and now all the sudden the ship sank?

"Uh, I'm not so sure..." The woman said as she looked into the mirror with the man. "The other side of the mirror doesn't look like it's underwater to me. You see?"

As she held up the mirror, I looked to see there was no water what so ever. "Shoot one more round, just to be safe." Brûlée announced.

Not a second later, I heard a shriek from the woman. "What happened?! The mirror broke all of a sudden!"

Brûlée looked up at the other mirrors, "Is there another mirror here that leads to the Straw Hat's ship?" After a moment one of the mirrors lit up and spoke.

Brûlée walked over to it, grabbing hold of it and stood up on one of the mounds of mirrors.

"They're still have mirrors left! I see one, Joscar!"

"We all see it, Marscar!"

The man and woman, Marscar and Joscar, spoke up, aiming their arrows at another mirror that hung on the wall. "Now fire!" Brûlée ordered as the two shot arrows at the mirror. Before the arrows could reach the mirror, it shattered.

I heard the sound of another mirror breaking, two more breaking simultaneously. Then another one. "You don't think they're alive, do you?" Brûlée spoke up as she watched the mirror beside her on the ground break.

I felt myself smirk, relief overflowing my body. They must be breaking all the mirrors on the ship. But now, there's no way back to the ship. There's no way they would leave Luffy stranded here without a way back. I looked over to where Luffy and Katakuri were. You told them to, didn't you? To confirm my suspicion, I saw a shattered piece of a mirror in his hand.

Luffy stood up and began running in the opposite direction, holding the shard up. I was about to make a break for it, before I felt someone twist my arm, causing me to grunt and drop the sword I was hold in to.

"Brûlée, I caught her!"

I looked over my shoulder, glaring at the soldier. Damn, I thought everyone was distracted. "Good, I'm sure Mama will be glad to hear that we have her in our possession." She let out a laugh walking to a mirror. "I'm going to check up on Big Bro, make sure she's doesn't escape." With that, she went through the mirror.

I let out a sigh, relaxing my muscles and not attempting to fight back. For now, I'll leave it up to Luffy... I know he'll beat Katakuri.

———
Published: 10/05/2022