Chapter 11

I groaned out, lying on my stomach. "It's so hootttt..."

Ever since Luffy used all of the food we had, we went days without food due to bad storms prohibiting us to fish. To put the icing on the cake, we are stuck in unbearable heat, and not a single fish is biting.

Right now, the boys were sitting on the railing, hoping to catch some food. "Wish I could take off my fur... it's not helping right now..." Chopper rasped out, sticking his tongue out.

"I know the feeling, Minks have a low tolerance for heat." Pedro replied, sympathizing with the reindeer beside him.

"If I can't cool off soon, I fear I'm gonna become a mummy." Brook spoke up, causing my head to lift in his direction with an eyebrow raised.

"Uhh... Brook?" I spoke up, gaining his attention. "How could you become a mummy with no skin?"

He was silent, making me think he didn't hear me, until he spoke up again. "Wait, a mummy? Hold on a second, that's a big deal... Heyyy, Nami, (Y/N)? If I become a mummy, that would be like an upgrade for me."

"I don't care." Nami sighed out from beside me, a sorry resting on her lap, Pekoms beside them.

"If I had a fancy sarcophagus, then could I see your panties?" He asked her. Isn't that a coffin...?

"I wish I had the strength to slap you..." She trailed off, not bothering to move.

"Nami... I'm hungry and it's hot and I'm tired!" Carrot complained, a frown on her face.

"I need some nutrition." Pekoms added.

Grrrr.

I stretched my arms out in front of me, towards where the boys were sitting, squeezing my eyes shut. "Have you guys caught anything yet...?!"

"We're trying, but uhh... it's actually so hot, that the water is boiling." Chopper replied to me, causing me to open my eyes.

"You can't be serious..." I pulled myself up off the ground, and made my way over to the railing, coming up behind Chopper and Luffy.

I looked over their shoulder to the sea below, to find the sea was actually boiling. "That's crazy...!" I gasped out, "Nami, he's not kidding!"

"What?!" She gasped out as I turned my head to nod at her.

"So uh, that's a no on the fish then?" Brook asked rhetorically.

"Without a doubt, I mean look!" I pointed to the water. "The fish are probably bones by now with that heat!"

"What should we do...!" Nami groaned, now seeing our only option of obtaining food is unsuccessful.

I watched as Luffy glanced over to Chopper, who perked up stiffly. "Emergency rations..." (Drum Island👀)

"DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT!" Chopper shrieked at Luffy.

I collapsed against the rail beside Luffy, sinking to my knees with my arms over the rail. "Come on Choppers a friend... besides, you still can't cook."

"LUFFY!" Pedro shouted, causing me to perk up. "Pull, quick!"

I looked up to see his fishing pole was bending. He's got something! Luffy began to pull, struggling due to weakness of starvation.