Chapter 31

I held on to the rails of the boat, water splashing my face as the ship rocked back and forth from the onslaught of cannon fire coming in our direction.

"Napoleon!" Big Mom ordered, her hat turning into a sword as she prepared to swing. Cannons went off once more as she swung, "Ikoku Soverignty!" Her attack nullified the cannon fire as we continued forward. "Go!"

"Those fish are climbing up the falls!"

"It's unbelievable... Lick. We're reaching the top!"

"We're almost there!"

"Here I am, Kaido!" Big Mom announced proudly as we reached the top of the water falls.

"What's that?!"

Out of the corner of my eyes, I caught sight of what looked like I giant bird on fire heading towards us. What the hell is that?

"Is that King?!" Big Mom shouted.

"Is that a Pteranodon?!"

"Shoot!"

Sounds of a fun went off, shooting at this "King", who dodged the bullets without any trouble, before flying back over the top of the falls.

A few moments later, the ship flew over the top of the falls, landing in the water. "We're arriving in the Land of Wano!" Big Mom shouted, laughing. "Now, let's go kill Straw Hat!" She ordered, menacingly.

I snapped my head in her direction, glaring. Not if I have anything to do with it. I looked back to in front of me, looking at the landscape. To think I've finally made it to Wano... I hope everyone is okay.

...

After making the promise with Luffy, the both of us stood up, joining the others to prepare for the long battle before us.

We managed to defend the Sunny to the best of our capabilities, however, things were getting pretty dicey and fast. Even with the help of Germa 66... We ended up being surrounded on all sides, with no way of breaking through.

The attacks were relentless, and the Sunny was taking more and more damage, I began to worry about the chances of making it out. Just when Big Mom's ship was about to deal the final blow, the Sunny was quickly swapped with another nearby ship before it caught aflame.

If it weren't for Jimbei's Crew and Wadatsumi, the giant from Fishman Island, we wouldn't have been able to escape as Wadatsumi placed us in his mouth and began to swim away. However, it seems the enemy caught on before we were spit out of Wadatsumi's mouth and into the air.

As we landed back on the surface, noticing how the enemy was gaining on us, Jimbei and I looked at each other before nodding, it was now or never. Jimbei turned to the others and began explaining to them what needs to be done. He looked towards Luffy, telling him that he will help them escape.

I looked towards Luffy as he tore his gaze from Jimbei, to me, now understanding what my plan was. I gave the best smile I could muster and nodded my head in confirmation before turning and walking away.

When I got a good distance away to where no one could see me, I turned slightly to look back at everyone one last time as a tear ran down my face. With that, I wiped my tear away and snuck to the back of the ship in order to leave undetected.

When I reached the back of the ship, I glanced down into the water, before raising my head up to see the enemy slowly closing in. Letting out a sigh, I took a deep breath before jumping into the water before breaking the surface for air.

I floated there for a few moments as I waited for Jimbei in the water, watching as the Sunny sailed away as he joined me. "Jimbei, is there any way we can get me on Big Mom's ship somehow? I have a feeling that key is there."

"Yes, I believe we can manage to do that." He nodded before going underwater for a moment, before coming back up with one of his men. "With all the fighting going on, we should be able to get you on the ship undetected."

I nodded my head as the men with him grabbed ahold of me to swim faster. "Thanks again Jimbei... and if anything goes wrong, you and the others get out of here, I'll find a way out."

He nodded his head, "We will. Be careful in there."

I gave him a smile as the man told me, we will be going underwater to avoid being detected. "See you in Wano, Jimbei." I took a big breath before nodding to the man before we went underwater.

Once on the ship, I found a spot to hide, waiting a while before moving on and finding another spot to hide to avoid being seen. It felt like forever, before I began running to a door where I believed Big Mom's room was.

Once there, I looked around to make sure no one was looking before I slipped in the door. Looking around the room, I noticed it was indeed the captains quarters due to the desk and all the books that littered the walls along with maps.

Not wasting as second, I began to shuffle relentlessly for the key. I looked in every drawer, cabinet, and even moved all the things on the desk in order to find said key. After some time, I came across a box behind a few books, and inside lied a key. This had to be it.

I brought the key up to the collar, searching for the keyhole, before inserting it and turning it sideways, hearing a click. A big smile overtook my face as I felt the pressure against my neck lighten up. It was unlocked. Looking at the window in front of me, I noticed it started to get light out. "It's almost morning... how long have I been in here?"

"Mamamama! And what is it that you think you are doing here?" I paled at the voice. 'Why?! Why now?!' I didn't move as I heard footsteps approaching behind me. "Hmm? I see you found the key." She spoke up again, taking hold of my wrist and plucking the key out of my hand. "This won't do."

Finally snapping out of my frozen state, I took a step forward. "NO! WAIT!" I shouted, reaching my hand out, but was too late as I watched her throw the key out the window, now lost in the sea.

"Mamamama!" She laughed, turning to me and closing the collar back around my neck as I stood frozen in shock, staring at the window. "We'll just make sure you have no way of escaping."

I sunk to my knees, staring at the ground as she walked away. "Perospero! Make preparations to head to Wano immediately, Straw Hat will not get away!"

...

"He's still here!"

I was brought out of my thoughts to see King coming back to the ship, kicking it. The blow from the kick was enough to knock the ship back, to fall down the falls it just climbed up. I closed my eyes, squeezing the rail tight as I braced for impact.

As we made impact with the water, my hold of the rail grew weak, causing me to let go of the ship. I began to frantically kick and swing my arms in order to reach the surface as my lungs burned from the lack of hair.

After a few seconds, of what felt like going no where, my arms grew heavy as spots began to appear in my vision, before everything went black.

———
Published: 10/31/2022