vi ━━ coming out as trans

𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓: 2.1K
𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐀𝐆𝐄: 15
𝐓/𝐖: Strong Language, Homophobia
𝐑𝐄𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐓: "Can you do one where the reader Comes out as trans and at first they don't except them because there still young, until something happens. Male to fem."
𝐀/𝐍: I changed up the request a bit, since I didn't exactly know how to write all of the avengers having a negative response. So I made the reader the daughter of Steve Rogers. I figured that since he was from the 40s, he wouldn't really understand, and might lash out. I'll make sure to add a lot of reaction from many of the other avengers as well, so it isn't just Steve. Hope you're okay with this change, and if you don't like the one-shot feel free to tell me, I'll re-write another one. :)
By the way. I am not trans, therefore if I write something stereotypical, or anything offensive for that matter, please tell me, and I'll take down the chapter. 

▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀

"Dad?"

Steve looked up from his seat with a fond smile, "Yeah, kid?"

Your hands were clammy, wondering how to even begin to explain your situation to your adoptive father. You see, you were adopted by Rogers after he found you as one of the experiments in a HYDRA base. Both of you were so close, but you had no clue whatsoever on how to bring up this topic. From a young age, it never felt right. You never felt like yourself in your own body or the gender that was given to you at birth. From the day you realised you wanted to be a girl, it all started to fit into place, like a puzzle starting to be completed.

You knew you were a girl, not a boy.

Unlike others, you weren't ashamed or distraught at the thought; you were quite relieved to realize what was bothering you from a young age and to finally find out what was different.

The only thing that scared you or at the very least caused you to be anxious was your father's reaction. You see, Steve's from the 40s; he grew up in a different mindset than you did. It was a time where women didn't even have proper rights, let alone people of the LGTBQIA community. It was truly a dark time. So when your own dad is from that time, in the worst possible outcome you feared he would shut you out. But he would understand.

He should.

You walked closer to Steve and sat next to the chair beside him. All of the other Avengers were out on missions, and those who weren't had their own errands. Which caused you two to be alone inside the compound.

Steve's face now turned into a look of concern, as he set down the newspaper he was reading and asked you again, "You okay? You need to talk about something?"

You could feel your hands getting a lot more sweaty, so you quickly wiped them off of your pants and looked back at his face. The sound of the rain falling on the windows helped to calm your nerves, but the look on Steve's face made the situation finally feel...real. Because this wasn't you practicing in front of the mirror. You were finally going to tell him.