21 |. 𝗨𝗻𝗼𝗳𝗳𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗙𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿'𝘀

T/W:  angst, fluff, paralysis, wishing to have died 

AGE: Reader is 16, almost 17

CREDITS: just dreaming marvel

SITE: tumblr

★★★

"Hey Speedy!" Tony called over the comms. "You're up!"

"Finally!" You exclaimed.

The mission had started almost an hour ago, and the plan had been for you to hang out in the quinjet until you were deemed needed. Which annoyed you. Even though you were barely 17, you had been a part of the Avengers for almost 3 years. Longer than even Peter Parker.

Due to some freak accident during the Battle of New York, you somehow ended up with super speed abilities. That's how Steve and Tony found you almost 3 years old. The two were in the city for meetings and you were zooming around helping people and playing pranks. You thought it would be fun to do something to those two. But before you could do something, Tony and Steve had you pinned to the wall with part of the Iron Man suit. Apparently, their 'meeting' was to actually find you and bring you in.

The whole Team was interested in getting to know you very quickly and get you properly trained. Natasha, Clint, Bucky, and Steve handled your combat training personally, while Tony and Bruce tested your abilities and created gear that would help you.

Steve and Tony, though definitely not a couple, took on the role of your parents. You even had begun calling them as such. Steve was Pa and Tony was Dad. They didn't always agree on exactly how to handle you. But they loved you and that was a step above your real parents, who you didn't even know.

"Y/N! I need you to get in the building and get anyone and everyone out!" Steve instructed. "As fast as you can! I think the building is going down!"

"You got it Cap!" You responded.

Using your super speed you rushed out of the quinjet and into the building. You zig-zagged through each floor. The first few were empty, but eventually you ran into some people. You quickly helped them out of the building to continue your search. You were almost done with you sweep when you felt the building tremble. You paused, glancing around.

"Kid!" Tony shouted in the comms. "The building is going down. Where are you?"

"Uh... I don't think you want to know," you responded.

"Please tell me you're not still in the building, Y/N," Steve said.

"I'm sorry, Pa. I'm almost done with my sweep. Just one last floor."

"No, Y/N! Get out of there now!"

"Just one more floor!" You sped away to get to the last floor.

"I'm on my way to you, Y/N," Tony said. "Meet me at the Northwest window."