iii ━━ they find out about your abusive father ¹

𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓: 1.2K
𝐀𝐆𝐄: 16
𝐓/𝐖: Strong Language, Mentions of abuse, Abusive Parents, Neglect, Bruises, Violence, Mentions of a car Accident, etc. 
𝐑𝐄𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐓: " could you write one where the reader has abusive father? she's like sixteen, and her dad is abusive because her mother maybe died because of her or something. the avengers could find out, and they're like really protective of her? especially bucky, and he could be like her father figure or something. it would be nice if the ending is rly fluffy. also make it into three parts, please. thx."
𝐀/𝐍:Please speak out if any of you are facing abuse, whether mental or physical. Please reach out, regardless of whether they are your guardian, partner, friend, or grandparent. You're a wonderful person who does not deserve to have been in pain . Feel free to dm me if you need to talk. I know how hard it is to reach out, but you're not alone. <3

▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀

You were an Avenger, and you were only sixteen. With your extraordinary powers, you were quickly recruited by SHIELD at a very young age, and soon you became an Avenger. Everyone praised you for the title you held.

Well, not everyone.

Your father, Gabe, never cared. Well, he stopped caring after the passing of your mother. You see, he blamed it on you. Your mother, Sally, had died in a car crash on her way to pick you up from dance class . He reasoned that, "If you didn't exist," Sally would still be around.

Stupid reasoning, am I right?

That night, after she had died, everything changed. Your father, who was once loving and caring, had vanished. He was now a shattered shell of the man you knew. You still recall that night when he first hit you. He was drunk , so you reasoned it was an accident, but the beatings continued.

You knew you could do something; hell, you could probably kill him with one flick of your hand. But every time you saw your father... It was like you were once again that same six-year-old girl he first laid his hands on. You just couldn't bring yourself to do anything to stop his abuse.

So you hid the scars and bruises. The emotional scars weren't as easy, but you managed.

The snap of a finger caused you to flinch back and turn your attention to the concerned face of a certain metal-armed man. His blue eyes observed your face as he slowly asked a question like you could break at any moment: "You okay, doll?"

You smiled at his concern for you and said, "Yeah. I'm...I'm fine."

Bucky didn't look convinced, but he turned his attention away from you and ordered a drink. "You sure? because you've been staring at the empty beer bottles for a long time." He took a sip of the whiskey that the bartender had set in front of him.

You tried to play it off cool, rolling your eyes, "I'm fine, mom ."

The brunette chuckled at your sassiness. "You know, Tony didn't set up this party for you to just sulk in the corner."

At the mention of the word party, you realised that you had completely forgotten about that. You had been so focused on your thoughts that you somehow managed to ignore the booming rock music and laughter echoing through every corner of the Avengers Tower. At the moment of your revelation, you couldn't help but wrinkle your nose at the smell of alcohol.

You tucked your hair in and fiddled with your fingers, sighing, "I don't know. I just don't feel like partying."

You immediately cursed yourself for the reply you had given. Bucky gave you a concerned look once again. You knew you were acting off for the past few days, and everyone at the tower seemed to have noticed it too. Especially Bucky. You loved how much they cared, but under no circumstances could they find out about your situation.

Before Bucky could ask you another question about your well-being. Your phone dinged, bringing both of your attention to the phone. The bright white light caused you to scrunch up your eyes, but upon seeing the text was from Gabe, you felt yourself freeze.

where the hell are you
[8:00PM]

Your hands momentarily started shaking as you got up from your seat in a state of frenzy. You started to take in rapid breaths, but a hand took hold of your arm, stopping yourself from going into a panic attack.

At that moment, all you could see was his face, calming you slightly, "Woah, Woah, Doll, calm down. What happened? Who texted---"

Before Bucky could complete his sentence, another text popped up.

you are dead tonight
you piece of shit

[8:00PM]

Bucky's eyes widened at the sight of the message; a moment of rage passed. In the moment of shock that anyone would dare to send a threat of that sort to you, Bucky loosened his grip on your arm.

You quickly tried to walk out the room, but Bucky once again got a hold of your arm, whirling you around to face him.

"Who the hell texted you that?!"

You looked back at him again, your eyes welling up with tears. "It's a prank." You yanked your arm away from his, saying, "See you tomorrow, Bucky." You quickly gave him a kiss on his cheek, like you always did whenever you went out.

You guessed he was way too shocked to chase you, so you speed walked out of the tower to your car, which was parked outside. You started to feel your chest constricting, like you couldn't breathe.

Gabe had made sure that you followed curfews, but you were so absorbed in your thoughts that you didn't realise it was way past the time you were allowed to be outside.

Tears slid down your face as you tried to enter the car keys into the engine. You knew you were screwed. God knows what he would do to you once you got home.

You could barely see anything as you drove, your tears clouding your vision. You already knew your mascara was running down your face. It hurt that you were ruining the makeup that Natasha so carefully put on you. You tried not to yell out a scream of frustration.

They were so much better.

The Avengers are your family. They always have been. They treated you like one of their own. Especially Bucky. He was like a father to you, and he was better than whatever Gabe was. They treated you with so much care and love .

Your car pulled up to your house. When you got out of it, you felt the same hopelessness you felt every time you saw the wretched house you called home.

Every step toward the front porch sent a chill all over your body. You wanted to run away and hide. You wanted to scream and tell everyone what he did to you. But your mouth was sewn shut by none other than Gabe. He made it very clear what state you would be in if you so much as uttered a single word of what happened at home.

You wanted him to protect and love you, like Bucky did.

Your hand shook as you entered the keys into the door knob. Before you opened the door, you took a look back at the road. Some part of you hoped that Bucky and everybody else would somehow show up. You wanted them to show up and ... and what?

Take Gabe away? Sent him to prison?

You shook your head at the ridiculous thoughts you filled your head with. You had a feeling that with your rotten luck, the truth would never come to light.