Eighteen - Confession

Days passed after their mini getaway. Taehyung and Jisoo never talked about the "I love you" incident. Both of them didn't have the courage to bring up that topic again.

It was Monday morning. Taehyung and Jisoo were having breakfast together. They were silently savoring their food when Taehyung's phone rang.

Hearing his phone ringing, Taehyung stood up and walked towards the kitchen counter where his phone was.

Taehyung: "Jin-Hyung." He said as soon as he picked up the phone.

Jin: "Hello bro. How are you?" He asked from the other line.

Taehyung: "I'm doing good. And you?" He asked, a bit confused about why he was asking him this question early in the morning.

Jin: "Good. Good. So everything's doing well with you? How about Jisoo and the baby?" He asked next.

Taehyung's brows furrowed with all the questioning.

Taehyung: "She's good." He answered while quickly glancing at Jisoo who was about to take a bite of her sandwich.

Taehyung: "All is well with us. Why do you ask?" He asked him.

Jin: "That's good to hear." Taehyung can picture Jin nodding his head.

Taehyung: "What do you want to tell me? I'm sure it's important because you took the time to call me early in the morning, Hyung." He said, anticipating something important he has to say.

Jin: "You knew me very well, little bro." He chuckled. "Well, I called to tell you a not-so-good news." He started.

Taehyung: "What is it?" He asked with curiosity.

Jin: "Your mom called me last night. She said she tried calling you but your phone was off at that time so she called me instead. She told me that-" Jin paused for a moment.

Taehyung: "Just drop it, Hyung." He said, a bit irritated.

Jin: "Excited to hear it, bro? I guess you will not like what I am about to say." He chuckled.

Taehyung hates it when Jin plays with him like this.

Jin: "So, Irene is arriving in Korea this afternoon. Your ex is back." He said.

From sounding playful to being serious.

Jin: "Your mom wants you to accompany her while she stays here for two weeks. And, yes. She's staying in you house." He explained.

Taehyung was speechless. He never thought that she will come back at this time. He and Irene broke up two years ago when she and her family had to migrate abroad. Well, it was her who broke up with him because she said that she cannot stand a long-distance relationship and that she wanted to focus on her studies.

Jin: "So I don't know how you would feel about seeing her again and what would you do with Jisoo while you babysit your ex." He continued.

All Taehyung could do was sigh deeply. Jisoo noticed how his mood changed. She was curious about what his cousin was telling him.